I want to switch from Tesla to Taycan!

• Tesla is cheap rubbish. We have a Model 3 Perf and I recently drove the Plaid S a bit.

I wouldn't subscribe to that across the board.

If you compare a Tesla, three Performance with a Taycan 4s purely rationally. Then you're comparing the same motor concept with identical performance.

The unique selling point of a Porsche with the engine is gone. The Tesla, however, weighs 400 kilos less, offers better driving performance and, although it is slightly shorter, has more space inside. It is also slightly more fuel efficient than the Porsche. The chassis, the better seats and steering and the slightly larger battery, as well as the slightly higher charging speed and the general impression of quality control clearly speak in favor of the Porsche.

However, the Porsche also costs twice to 2.5 times as much, depending on the equipment. (even as a used car) Everyone should decide for themselves whether it is worth the extra cost. After two years with a Tesla, I can say so far. I've had zero problems. No breakdowns at all. The software is absolutely stable. The cameras all around work perfectly. The connection with the Tesla app is very good.

Even with a Tesla, you can drive quickly around bends. However, I have never had to make use of any service or repair so far and cannot judge the issue.

This post has been automatically translated.

• If you compare a Tesla, three Performance with a Taycan 4s purely rationally. Then you are comparing the same engine concept with identical performance. The unique selling point of a Porsche with the engine is gone.

That's only true at first glance when you say: they both have electric motors! It's like comparing a BMW M2 with a Porsche 911 and saying: They both have six-cylinder engines!

Porsche generally only installs PSM motors, which also have a special hairpin winding:

https://newsroom.porsche.com/d…%20Mit%20Hairpin-Wicklung

Tesla uses a mix of ASM and PSM motors:

https://teslabs.de/blogs/tesla…esla-motoren-alle-modelle

It's not quite that trivial after all! There is also a different battery technology, 800V technology etc.

If you compare a Tesla 3 Performance with a Taycan 4s in purely rational terms... But the Tesla weighs 400 kilos less and offers better driving performance

That's not a comparison, because they are different vehicle classes! If a comparison is to be made, then Model S with Taycan.

Viele Grüße aus dem Nordwesten,
    Torsten
    -----------------------------------------

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page”
    (Saint Augustine)

• I'm not making my comparison with driving performance, you can install a V12 in any racing car. M3P or MS Plaid are just "monsters" in this respect. Driving dynamics, build quality, appearance, handling, comfort, etc. are much more important. After 700 km in the Model 3, you are shaken up and annoyed by the Tesla assistance systems, non-functioning windshield wipers, dazzled cameras and the recent lack of parking sensors. And that's not even taking into account the never-fulfilled promises regarding FSD. The Taycan is simply uncatchable.

Of course, other things about the Taycan are also annoying, especially after a long period of use. Compared to the Teslas, however, these are not "fundamental" for me, but "lifestyle" related. Sure, the software, the charging planning, the consistency of the user interface - none of it is Champions League-level.

The two bigger problems are the short warranty period, which means you almost automatically have to factor in 1100 euros per year as operating costs, and the service intervals, which are expensive for their scope and are again necessary to earn the right to pay the 1100 euros :P. It doesn't make me poor, but it doesn't have to, because other premium providers also offer other options.

• Of course, comparing the Model 3 to the Taycan is unfair because of the price. But the Plaid still costs around 110k (after the various price reductions). And for that you really get a very poor package. You can't compare it in any way with a Taycan (or the RS e-tron GT mentioned above):

Chassis floats in all positions. Nevertheless, it offers no ride comfort. Braking feels like a cotton ball. Everything crunches and squeaks (although my test car only had 5000 km on it). Only one charging flap. Only 11kw charger. Mid-range charging curve for DC. And then there's the service, which you can't contact (or only via the app). The rest is a matter of luck. The sound system is the only thing about the Plaid that impressed me. For me, it was the most negative test drive experience I've ever had. No exaggeration.

• I'm not making my comparison with driving performance, you can install a V12 in any racing car. M3P or MS Plaid are just "monsters" in this respect.

I had forgotten: the performance in the Plaid (which is already well below the factory specification with a battery of approx. 75%, at least in the test car available to me) is totally inharmonious and also doesn't fit in with such a rather staid sedan. It doesn't feel good in the area where it really improves acceleration significantly. It's completely different to a 992 turbo s etc. There it all feels like it fits together perfectly. The Plaid, on the other hand, feels like an overpowered Model 3, in my opinion.

• So, I switched from Cayenne Diesel to Model S LR. Model S has no flaws "except" scratches on the rear bumper, which is currently being repainted by Tesla ("smart repair" was carried out immediately, clear coat came off after 3 months; now it will probably be "properly" painted after 4 months - I'm curious). May be an exception. I also find the brakes normal. But I no longer drive in the left-hand lane on the highway. I drive sedately due to my age, max. 170.

nothing creaks. Lots of one pedal. It cost 90 kEUR new. A lot of car for "little" money. But there is no after-sale. But I didn't have to buy a watch or do any financing. That drove me away from Porsche. I test drove the Taycan normal and Taycan Turbo before that. Looks better. Of course. But I use the Model S as a family car. I didn't care about the look. The price convinced me.

Portofino M

Tesla Model S

BMW i3s

2 Käfer Cabrio kollibrigrün

Käfer S apfelgrün

2.2. S Targa blutorange

• Report completion!

A Taycan ST GTS has been ordered.

It's been a long time since I've been this excited and I'm really looking forward to getting back into the Porsche world.

It will be ready in April.

We'll be traveling with the Tesla and Taycan at the same time. It will certainly be interesting.

Now begins a very impatient time.

• Congratulations on your order and hope that the waiting time passes quickly ☺️✌️

991.2 GT3RS, Audi RS3 8Y, VW T6 Multivan LR

• Congratulations from me too! New car/stock vehicle or a free configuration? As I also drive an ST GTS, I can only say: you've done everything right, it's the sweet spot in the range for me at the moment. Enough power, great equipment and styling and, as an ST, always enough space in everyday life.