I want to switch from Tesla to Taycan!

• Hello,

I've been driving a Tesla since 2014. Until last year, I drove three different Model S cars and still drive a Model 3 Performance alongside the Taycan GTS. For me, the main reason for switching to Porsche was the miserable Tesla service. I have experienced numerous odysseys, even with brand-new Tesla vehicles, with sometimes weeks-long discussions, alleged untruths and the worst possible communication (only possible via the app) and long service times.

In the beginning, Tesla's service was exemplary, but the M3 mass model didn't exist yet, which unfortunately changed everything in the end. For me, it is absolutely crucial to be provided with a replacement vehicle in the event of a service, as I am dependent on my vehicle. Tesla no longer offers this option at all. You can't even book it. So without a second car, you're stuck with Tesla if a service is necessary and this can take several weeks due to a lack of spare parts.

As with the last two predecessor models, the Model S has a major problem with the drive axles. These were replaced four times on my last Model S without success. Even the fourth pair made noises again after 3000 km, even though I was rather relaxed when driving the car. I heard that the problem has still not been solved even with the latest Model S Plaid (Ove Kröger). The Model 3 had its first defective wishbones at a mileage of only 9000 km, which the service department justified with the bad roads in Germany. Simply ridiculous.

Due to the "service experience" at Tesla, I then looked around for acceptable alternatives and ended up with the Taycan pretty quickly. My authorized service center gave me a Taycan GTS for three days and I was able to test it extensively. After I got back into my Model S, it was clear to me that the next one would be a Taycan. After three days in the Taycan, I felt like I was sitting in a bathtub when I switched to the Model S. It's an American chassis. It's just an American chassis. The Taycan's chassis really is worlds above that of any Tesla I've ever driven.

Compared to the Tesla, the software and computer hardware of the Taycan is unfortunately really quite weak. Tesla is really much better at that. However, I had imagined it would be much worse after everything I had read about it, because the software in the Taycan is at least usable and once you get used to it, it's no longer really annoying. You put up with it, even if you often shake your head.

The biggest difference between the Tesla and the Taycan is definitely the driving pleasure. The fun factor is much greater in the Taycan, because the formidable chassis can also corner and not just drive straight ahead. It also looks very good. I look forward to getting into my Taycan every day.

The Taycan is definitely more expensive to maintain. It consumes more and there are these questionably overpriced service intervals. So Tesla really has a big head start in terms of consumption and range, and they're much better at it. This is partly offset by the Taycan's good charging performance over long distances, but there's no denying that Tesla is clearly ahead in terms of efficiency. But you also compare a sports car with a touring sedan and with the Taycan, even as a calm driver, you are always much faster on the road than with the Tesla, because the car gives you much more confidence at high speeds than a Tesla. The Taycan chassis is a masterpiece. The people at Porsche are much better at that than Tesla.

I haven't regretted buying the Taycan and turning my back on Tesla, at least in part. The Model 3 Performance is still there and a great winter car. In the end, it comes down to your priorities and what is the right choice for you. I, at least, have rediscovered the joy of driving, because it can drive, the Taycan!

LG

Stephan

This post has been automatically translated.

• Who here has already driven the Taycan to southern Europe? (Spain/Portugal, for example)

There are a few people here who are also traveling with the Taycan. I have not traveled to Spain or Portugal. But I would easily dare to do it. You mustn't forget one thing: You won't lose the Tesla charging network that you value if you no longer have a Tesla. Tesla has sacrificed this unique selling point. Here in the forum, lunatic is the high priest of foreign charging at Tesla. He talks about his travels and always chooses Tesla Superchargers along the way.

If you buy used, you don't have an Ionity tariff for €0.33 anyway, like many here in the forum. Of course, they rate charging differently because they prioritize Ionity. In fact, many Superchargers are open for the Taycan in France and Spain and the charging speed is around 140 kW in practice. You can certainly live with that. It should also be said that the Taycan is anything but a charging bitch.

My car at the V4 Charger:

• Tesla has sacrificed this unique selling point. Here in the forum, lunatic is the high priest of Tesla's international charging. He reports on his travels and always chooses Tesla Superchargers along the way.

To those who have never charged at Tesla:

Charging at the SC is completely "different" than at the "normal DC chargers (as long as the Stoll is perpendicular to the parking lot). The charging cable is much lighter and the activation of the column via app is much faster :thumbsup:

Grüsse aus der Schweiz

Hugo

• and if "all else fails" abroad: you can charge with the PMCC with 11 or 22kw at any campsite, even if these charging points are not shown in the route planner.

911SC Targa 3.0 930.16 915/63 Bj1981

Taycan GTS ST 07/2023

718 Cayman GTS, Bj 2019

Macan S, Mj 2020

• To those who have never charged at Tesla:

Charging at the SC is completely "different" than at the "normal DC chargers" (if the pole is positioned across the parking lot). The charging cable is much lighter and the activation of the column via app is much faster :thumbsup:

Charging at Tesla is easy for other brands, but cannot be compared with Plug&Charge. You have to use your cell phone, open the Tesla app, confirm the location and then select the column number. You have to read it off. Because there is no rudimentary recognition function. Once this has been done, the charging process does not start, no, it takes quite some time before it actually starts. The charging cables, for example at the new Ionity stations, are also very similarly slim and light. Since I have experience with the V4 Charger, I can say that both feel the same, only the cable is still longer with Ionity.

• If you buy used, you don't have an Ionity tariff for €0.33 anyway, like many here in the forum.

Yes, you do. The Porsche Charging Service is vehicle-specific and therefore included free of charge for the first 3+1 years. The +1 stands for an additional year free of charge, which anyone could use up to now.

The high priest ( :lol: ) also reports that the V3 chargers start charging as soon as you activate the column number in the app. Incidentally, the column number is at the bottom of the base and only on one side, for anyone who wants to test it at the Supercharger.

You can also reduce the charging costs at Tesla by becoming a member. This costs €12.99 per month, very similar to the Porsche Charging Service, but can be canceled monthly. This brings you very close to the subsidized Ionity tariff. In addition, low-frequency times are made more attractive by lower prices.

Viele Grüße aus dem Nordwesten,
    Torsten
    -----------------------------------------

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page”
    (Saint Augustine)

• According to the information I have been given, the subsidized Ionity price will no longer apply to future vehicles.

Incidentally, please note the pricing (price reduction) at Ionity; Stefan Nextmove reported on this in the latest issue (last Friday). You can also check at Ionity.

MUV17 :drive:

Mitglied des T UV · Ein Auto ist ein Gebrauchsgegenstand. Ich benutze es, um von A nach A zu fahren.

• Very short and sweet: If your wallet allows it - go for it :thumbsup:

You will not regret it

• Unfortunately I have no experience with Tesla - apart from driving the M3P a bit more intensively twice - and I'm not a Tesla fan because of the whole "Tesla system", but I'll give it a try.

So the M3P wasn't bad to drive at first, purely in terms of driving pleasure. Sure, there are differences when you drive the Taycan, but many people won't drive it. The car itself, well there are no two opinions, the Taycan is a different dimension. Operation and infotainment are a matter of taste and it depends on what you like and what you "need". On the subject of electric cars, the Tesla is more frugal in the daily environment, but the Taycan charges faster and enables faster long distances on medium/faster stages.

So....I would do it again with the Taycan. But a 4S or GTS would be enough... :wink:

Aktuell: 992.1 targa 4GTS (fun) Taycan GTS MJ22 (e-fun)

• Two years ago, I was also faced with the choice of a Tesla, three Performance or Taycan 4s

I test drove both cars and found the differences in the chassis noticeable, but negligible for me in everyday life. Of course, the Porsche has the better seats and of course a nicer material appearance and better workmanship. But my Tesla is a facelift model and in the end I didn't find the differences so serious when you consider that the Taycan (used when young) would have been twice as expensive as my Tesla, also used when young, six months old.

So why did I choose Tesla?

Firstly

The Super Charger network is really brilliant. I only drive long distances during long vacations or winter vacations at school times and have often driven across Europe and have never had any problems and always had a free space and all at fair prices. I once missed a Supercharger and wanted to charge at IONITY. that was pure horror. out of four columns, two were occupied or parked up. One was broken and the last one couldn't be activated. I deleted the app and everything immediately and have never charged anywhere other than at Tesla since. The big advantage here is that the Superchargers have at least 16 charging slots. Some of them now have up to 60 charging stations

Secondly

The Porsche is a huge car and has surprisingly little space in the interior and also when charging.

With the Tesla, I was on a skiing vacation with three people without a roof box and was able to stow everything in the car, including skis, boots and luggage

Thirdly

With the Tesla, I only have to pay tax on 0.25% as income due to the new price list of less than €60,000. This is a clear advantage and after 30,000 km I now have an average consumption of less than 20 kWh.

I often drive at 180 km/h in the local area, but on long journeys I tend to drive between 130 and 140, because otherwise the power consumption increases dramatically. (But that shouldn't be any different with the Porsche, it's just a matter of concept)

So it was with a heavy heart that I decided against the Porsche.

However, I also have to say that my Tesla was lowered and widened by the previous owner and drives really well up to a speed of 180. Beyond that, however, you notice that it's an American car and that it becomes unsettled. But the speed range is negligible for me.

What I also like is that I haven't had any costs in two years apart from a cabin filter, one new windshield wiper and two new rear tires. My insurance is almost completely reimbursed by the THG premium.

There have been no technical problems so far and everything works perfectly. The Tesla app is brilliant and after 2.5 years and just over 30,000 km, the quality of the interior of the car is as good as new.

I hope I can say that here in the forum. It's not an anti-Porsche report, but I think I've presented my arguments objectively. And I think Porsche's maintenance policy, especially in conjunction with this long-term warranty, is a rip-off. Tesla doesn't need that. Here there's an eight-year warranty on the motor and battery, and if something else breaks, my mechanic around the corner will take care of it and I've trusted him for years.

Edited once, last by Ow1 (January 29, 2024 at 7:05 PM).