• Did you read the whole text? The second paragraph makes the music.

This post has been automatically translated.

• However, there are also buyers who have purchased the Taycan (very well equipped) as a new car close to the list price.

Anyone who buys new luxury cars purely privately close to the list price generally has

the A card in terms of depreciation, be it S Class, BMW 7 Series, A8, Lexus etc. .

There are only a few exceptions, e.g. limited Ferrari models, GT3 etc.

Alinchen certainly knows that herself.

But it is painful, even hurtful, that Porsche has fanned the loss of value of the Taycan itself through the bungling of sales/marketing, as if with a fire accelerant.

Here, a private customer has (presumably) spent almost 200,000 euros on a brilliant car.

And suddenly this as-new Porsche(!) is only worth half that amount???

I would hate Porsche for that.

• Why? If anything, direct your displeasure towards the European Parliament and the German government. Porsche is simply forced to curb its fleet consumption of CO2 to avoid extremely high fines.

What I don't understand at all: 4-5 years ago, almost all experts pointed out the imminent loss of value of electric cars (for the reasons mentioned here). They all advised against buying and recommended leasing.

If you ignored this at the time of purchase (lack of knowledge or ignorance), then it's your own fault and not Porsche or whoever else. That's why I don't understand the "mimimi" of some people here.

911SC Targa 3.0 930.16 915/63 Bj1981

Taycan GTS ST 07/2023

718 Cayman GTS, Bj 2019

Macan S, Mj 2020

• This post has been automatically translated.

911SC Targa 3.0 930.16 915/63 Bj1981

Taycan GTS ST 07/2023

718 Cayman GTS, Bj 2019

Macan S, Mj 2020

Edited once, last by Uriah (May 6, 2024 at 8:58 PM).

• I don't think Porsche has done itself any favors by making aggressive commitments to the dealerships to take delivery of many Taycans!

On the one hand, this has accelerated the massive loss of value, and faith in the Taycan seems to have been damaged - not from a technical point of view, but in terms of future losses. I know from salespeople that many potential buyers are demanding significant discounts and hardly anyone is buying at list price - 7-10%. Because the car is then worth about 50% less in a year.

I think this will cause problems for Porsche in terms of margins for the e-fleet. That's why the combustion engine is still being squeezed for all it's worth!

Ab April 2018: GT3.2 mit Flügel

• It's the same with all electric cars. They all have high resale losses.

It's just a new technology that improves with every facelift or new model with the e-car problem areas of range and 'refueling time' and therefore only makes the old model interesting with a correspondingly sharp drop in price.

• It's the same with all electric cars. They all have high resale losses.

It's just a new technology that improves with every facelift or new model with the e-car problem areas of range and 'refueling time' and therefore only makes the old model interesting with a correspondingly sharp drop in price.

Perhaps a little strange, but for me a Porsche Taycan is not an "e-car".

For me, a Porsche is a Porsche.

There has never been such a price drop at Porsche. And this is now supposed to be the fault of politics?

• Tesla is representative of the entire e-market. After all, Fiat 500e can also be seen in the report and then there were rumors of 2000-3000 Taycans to be dismantled. These are certainly hair-raising, but in this environment and with a certain number of new vehicles in the dealerships, they are almost believable. In China, the e-car parking lots are much, much larger. There have already been several reports on this.

Incidentally, thanks to CATL, a Li Mega makes the Taycan look old again in terms of battery technology. There is simply so much going on at the moment that we should continue to expect a massive loss in value. If things turn out differently, then you should take it as a bonus.

Are you planning to buy a Taycan?

LG
    Didi

No. I've had mine for 1.5 years and almost 42,000 km. Leased! I mean to be less biased.

Just because I don't show off my fleet here, some people might have noticed that I now really enjoy driving the Taycan and that it's hard for me to imagine using a combustion engine in everyday life.

• Perhaps a little strange, but for me a Porsche Taycan is not an "e-car".

For me, a Porsche is a Porsche.

There has never been such a price drop at Porsche. And this is supposed to be the fault of politics?

That is simply factually wrong.

There have been various models that have lost a similar amount of money.

1 generation Cayenne, 1 generation Boxster to name just 2.

Der eine Gedanke der aus einem Werk ein Opus macht

• Because the loss in value of the Macan EV was already priced in by Porsche at over 80%, I opted for the Lothar. It also looks significantly better and feels as fast as the 992 GTS (up to 260) - unbeatable in everyday use, I have to agree with the friends here. I can't wait to see what the new GTS can do when it arrives...