• The fact that range plays little or no role with electric cars can really be glossed over.

This is one of the most important points and will always play a major role in sales, at least as long as the ranges are so poor.

Just out of interest - are you currently driving an e-car or have you driven one for a while?

This post has been automatically translated.

• The fact that range plays little or no role with electric cars can really be glossed over.

This is one of the most important points and will always play a major role in sales, at least as long as the ranges are so poor.

Just out of interest - are you currently driving an e-car or have you driven one for a while?

Thanks Ddong The range of an e-vehicle is secondary, the charging power/charging speed is primary if you really have to cover a long distance! But how often has this been discussed and repeated? Of course, it's all fine talk (eighty thousand kilometers long) 8:-)

Viele Grüße aus dem Nordwesten,
    Torsten
    -----------------------------------------

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page”
    (Saint Augustine)

It regularly plays a role if you haven't figured things out. However, this doesn't only play a major role when selling, but also when buying. I now advise people not to buy with this "argument".

MUV17 :drive:

Mitglied des T UV · Ein Auto ist ein Gebrauchsgegenstand. Ich benutze es, um von A nach A zu fahren.

• Just out of interest - do you currently drive an e-car or have you driven one for a while?

Yes, I've been driving an electric car for 2 years as a second and city car and I don't think they're really good for anything more than that.

Which is completely ok, because they are really very good for that.

I also like the driving experience because it has something relaxing about it. Once the E has 500 km of highway in winter and a charging station at every gas station is standard, I'll get rid of my diesel as a daily too.

• It's funny: everyone around me (friends, work colleagues) was surprised that I sold it and even more surprised that I said it would stay without replacement. I'm now driving the Multivan again

I think that's the case here too. At least with everyone who has witnessed your praise of the Taycan over the years.

First of all, yes, others aren't happy about the current loss of value either and I'm not excluded from that! On the other hand, I have a different view of things and experiences that make life worth living. My opinion of the Taycan hasn't changed just because it no longer represents the nominal value that an 11 would have done in the same period. But would I have driven about 80tkm with it in just over 3 years? Definitely not! The Taycan is suitable for all occasions, whether long distance, short distance, touring, shopping trips, transportation, family outings, concert visits, etc. pp. It can even be used to pick up bread rolls, where you'd rather not start the combustion engine for a distance of 3 kilometers.

The value of a purchased item is determined by the owner, the only exception here is a sale and, as with the stock market, you only make a loss when you liquidate! There are also expenses that are immediately financially null and void, think of a vacation, for example. Sometimes €10k for a long-distance trip that only lives in your memory afterwards. But you've experienced it, you've lived it and you'll do it again because it was good! Of course it's also nice at home and you save the 10k, you can always eat at home. You can go on like that indefinitely.

I personally won't end the good times with the Taycan just because it costs money. My attempt to sell it is based solely on the desire to buy another Taycan! But I'm just as happy if it doesn't work out. Dreams and wishes are allowed and are also a part of life.

I've now gone the other way - ordered the FL and am trying to sell the VFL in the fall (when the new one arrives). I have come to terms with the loss in value and will accept a price around the book value (approx. 45 kEUR gross). This will then be one of the cheapest used cars and thus a real test of the much-vaunted "price floor". Let's take a look.

Taycan 4S Bj20 * 718 GTS 4.0 * Stromer ST7

• Unfortunately, the facelift is no longer an option for me...

1. I would only want the Turbo GT - I'm too afraid of the loss of value or it's not (yet) worth it to me

2. I'll have to wait until switch-off modules for the ISA are on the market... my only hobby is driving fast, I won't let that be taken away from me... even if I don't drink alcohol and am a non-smoker 8:-)

991.2 GT3RS, Audi RS3 8Y, VW T6 Multivan LR

1. I would only want the Turbo GT - I'm too afraid of the loss of value or it's not (yet) worth it to me

2. I'll have to wait until switch-off modules for the ISA are on the market... my only hobby is driving fast, I won't let that be taken away from me... even if I don't drink alcohol and am a non-smoker 8:-)

But ISA can be switched off and the function can certainly be placed on the hash. Then it's just a click at the start of every journey, automated like buckling up. No reason for me to buy one - but this time as a lease, that's how much I've learned.

Taycan 4S Bj20 * 718 GTS 4.0 * Stromer ST7

• Yes, I've been driving an electric car as a second and city car for 2 years and in my opinion they're not really suitable for more than that.

What kind of "E car" is that exactly?

MUV17 :drive:

Mitglied des T UV · Ein Auto ist ein Gebrauchsgegenstand. Ich benutze es, um von A nach A zu fahren.

But ISA can be switched off and the function can certainly be put on the hash. Then it's just a click at the start of every journey, automated like buckling up. No reason for me to buy one - but this time as a lease, that's how much I've learned.

About ISA and hash marks: I also hope/hoped, but I heard from the eMacan test video that it doesn't work with the hash marks and ISA. I hope this is only due to the pre-series status of the vehicles. And with a lot of bad luck, they'll pull it through all models because of Mimimi.

Otherwise it would be a bit annoying, because more clicks.

• Shortcut will probably no longer exist:

"And switching off several or even all assistants via one button, as offered by several manufacturers, is also to be banned. In future, all unwanted assistants will have to be switched off individually and one after the other."