911 2.7l engine overhaul cannot be turned by hand

• First you wrote: can be turned 30 degrees back and forth. This cannot be a piston on the head because then the KW would have to be rotated approx. 60 degrees.

Finally you wrote 1/3 (120 degrees) engine rotation. This also cannot be a piston that has stopped because at least one piston is already past TDC at 1/3.

"Arrange" the chain on the intermediate shaft and hook the sprockets of the Nowe into the hanging chain, then the chain won't get tangled up so badly when you turn the engine.

Greetings Alexander

Hi Alexander,

sorry, I didn't have the exact degree values in my head!

Without the cylinder heads it turns now.

Thanks again for your answer, in future I will observe more closely before I write :)

This post has been automatically translated.

• Yes, actually the crankshaft should have been able to rotate a little less than 360 degrees and not 30 or 60 degrees!

Doesn't fit somehow

1982 SC 3,0 US, 930.16 Motor, indisch Rot

Schiebedach, Klima, Leder schwarz, Bilstein Fahrwerk, Dansk Sportauspuff

1969 914 Adriablau,umgbaut auf 6zylinder und 5 lochfahrwerk

Edited once, last by michelko (January 20, 2024 at 7:07 PM).

• I think there are several pistons that are too high. And depending on where they were standing, this results in multiples of 60?

• Good point, I didn't have that degree on my screen.

1982 SC 3,0 US, 930.16 Motor, indisch Rot

Schiebedach, Klima, Leder schwarz, Bilstein Fahrwerk, Dansk Sportauspuff

1969 914 Adriablau,umgbaut auf 6zylinder und 5 lochfahrwerk

• It was clear to me that it was the pistons that are in contact with the heads and I'm not going to get into the discussion about degrees, even if 360 degrees is a full rotation. Firing order.........

• Yes, actually the crankshaft should have been able to rotate a little less than 360 degrees and not 30 or 60 degrees!

Doesn't really fit somehow

Come on...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That's quite simple.

When the crankshaft makes one revolution, a piston in a 6-cylinder engine is at TDC every 60 degrees (6x60= 360)

• All good, the main thing is that the problem has been recognized!

Gruß Ralf

964 C2 Tiptronic Cabrio Bj 91 LMM 220

• That's quite simple.

If the crankshaft makes one revolution then a piston in a 6 cylinder engine is at TDC every 60 degrees (6x60= 360)

I have to correct that. From TDC to TDC it is 120¬į.

But the main thing is that the error was found before the first engine start.

Best regards and have a good week.

• Our engine has a crankshaft with 6 connecting rod journals, each offset by 60 degrees. This means that a piston reaches top dead center (TDC) every 60 degrees of crankshaft rotation.

You probably mean the ignition TDC, which comes every 120 degrees.

If the pistons are in contact with the head, as in the thread opener, you can therefore turn the crankshaft slightly less than 60 degrees until the next piston is in contact. That was my advice to Dirk to solve his blockade problem.