• Just an interim question / remark,

Only intended for the skilled craftsman,

would it be possible to "disguise" or "enclose" the manifolds so that they look like heat exchangers ?

Take the housing from an old one?

When my Porsche was inspected by the TÜV, no one has ever tested whether the heating / heat exchanger flaps work at all.

With my Beetle / Beetles, they always looked at how they looked and whether they worked / were operable.

With my ex-buggy (open car), it didn't need any heating and was never addressed.

Volker

This post has been automatically translated.

911 Carrera Coupe; Bj 1986; US Version; 3,2; 207 PS; ---- der wurde das Ersatzfahrzeug für den Karmann GF Buggy

1303 Cabrio Bj 1978

Neuerdings noch einen 4 Zylinder Wasserkocher. VW Polo 86 c Bj. 1987 1000 ccm 44 PS ein gewaltiger Hammer.

• To return to the original topic.

Does anyone have a copy of the vehicle registration certificate where the exhaust manifolds are registered?

Or an expert opinion?

Thanks Greetings Michael

• Never heard of an expert opinion and registration for the purpose of road approval for pure manifolds without heat exchangers on the 911. Above all, it makes no sense if, as you say, there is no number on your component that refers to an expert opinion.

As I understand it, you have installed a functioning auxiliary heater, but this should then be permissible, see Volker's post.

If this is the case, then go to the TÜV and ask in advance whether all this is sufficient for a sticker. Then nothing from the manifold needs to be registered.
    But ... it may well be that he will look at the rear silencer, because this has two inlets and, in my opinion, the 76s already have the rear silencers with one inlet installed. So you have to make sure that you have a certificate for the muffler for your car that corresponds to the number on the muffler. ... ... ... IF the inspector notices the muffler at all.

Alles über den 3.0 US SC Motor 930.16 und viel mehr unter:

https://nineelevenheaven.wordpress.com/

- 911 SC 3.0, USA Bj 82, unischwarz, SSIs, eigens entwickelte digitale Lambdaregelung sowie elektronische Kennfeld-gesteuerte Zündung
    - VW Oval-Käfer Export, Bj 1955, 30PS, Stratosilber
    - VW Brezel-Käfer, Bj 1950, 24,5 PS, Grau, orig. Philips Elomar Radio

Edited 2 times, last by AndrewCologne (January 30, 2024 at 5:55 PM).

• Isn't the parking heater only allowed to run when the car is stationary? The old Webastos went off when the ignition/starting process was switched on.....

• Isn't the parking heater only allowed to run when the car is stationary? The old Webastos went off when the ignition/starting process was switched on.....

I once had a T3 Bully from around 1990, which had a (gasoline) parking heater that also ran while driving. I don't know if anyone helped with that. The diesel parking heaters in ambulances from the turn of the millennium also ran while driving, as did the electric ones in the ambulances. That's all I can contribute...

1985er Carrera 3.2 Coupe, RDW

In my A4, the parking heater also runs when the engine is running, this is called auxiliary heating.

What should speak against it.

Gruß Ralf

964 C2 Tiptronic Cabrio Bj 91 LMM 220

• If the inspector is strict, he will find that the old exhaust system had a different rear silencer and I believe also a front silencer.

Now you have a manifold without heating and a rear silencer which, strictly speaking, was probably not approved together with these manifolds. Then the question would be how loud the whole system is and whether it is compatible with what is registered in the certificate. If you have a high dB value on the old certificate, it shouldn't be a problem...in my case, the noise measurement for registration (99dB+tolerance) was relatively close at the time, but it worked.

Is the muffler original? ...or is it an accessory without a number?

Fokke

---------------------------------------
    911 SC, MJ 78, USA, 930/04
    944 S2, MJ 91
    Honda Zoomer Tokio Style

---------------------------------------

In my A4, the parking heater also runs when the engine is running, this is called auxiliary heating.

What should speak against it.

With the air parking heaters, there were "stricter" specifications regarding operation and service life, e.g. of the combustion chamber (due to possible carbon monoxide in the breathing air if the combustion chamber is leaking after more than 10 years)
    With the retrofitted Webasto water level heaters (BBW/Thermotop,...) I have never had any problems with the fact that they could and did run while driving.

However, I don't think that such an exhaust system will get the blessing of a reputable testing organization.

Greetings Stefan

alte Porsches:
    911S Ex US '76 mit Umbau auf 3,2l 207PS (Motor 930/21 mit Getriebe 915/68) - Silbermetallic, Schiebedach

911SC Targa Ex US '81 3,0l 179PS (Motor 930/16 mit Getriebe 915/63) - Weinrotmetallic

944/1 Targa '84 2,5l 163PS - Platinmetallic (bis 03/2017)

• If I, as a layman, read about the non-original manifold, non-original silencer and non-original Webasto heater, it's ALL just a matter of discretion for the HU inspector and that again and again, every 2 years, in addition to possibly even in the police check and especially if it attracts the attention of the poser police very loudly. Ohne Teile- oder Materialgutachten und Prüfnummer trägt das keiner ein. Es bauen bei uns doch nicht umsonst alle auf was halbwegs legales um.

With electric cars, the air is getting thinner and thinner for our loud stinkers every year :kwink:

Gruß

Rainer

3.2 Carrera Cabrio, Bj. 11/83, Sportauspuff und KAT-100Zeller von DANSK, späte DME, ca. 230PS, 7"+8" Maxilite.