Is it worth upgrading to the new Macan S?

• It's not quite that simple.

As a Porsche Club, we are looked after by the PZ and I am friends with my salesman.

Unfortunately, there has been an internal reorganization so that there are one or two so-called buyers and they specify what the PZ pays for the vehicles.

In addition, the head of used car sales (and the car I was interested in was a demonstrator) is, to put it diplomatically, difficult.

Unfortunately, my salesman has too little influence.

I could have put pressure on the managing director, but the effort is really too much for me.

Let's see what happens next. If it's like this again next time, I'll really have to look around.

Greetings Uwe

This post has been automatically translated.

Porsche Macan S ab 06/2019

Porsche 718 Boxster GTS ab 12/2019

Porsche 911 Turbo (996)

Porsche Cayenne Diesel (958) bis 06/2019

• I am also in a PC. They are also looked after by the PZ.

But that doesn't stop me from doing business with my PZ.

Besides, this is about money. That's where any friendship ends.

Money is money and booze is booze.

Ultimately, however, the decision is up to you.

Biene Maja, Willi, Schlumpf.

330 370 265

• My experience as a "Porsche newbie" with the dealership and the salespeople at the dealership:

I didn't buy an "S" but "only" a basic Macan III a month ago. Is a year-old car driven by the PZ with 21Tkm (MY23). NP 95k€ now bought with 73k€.

My experiences with the local PZ and the salesman are only positive.

I negotiated an almost 4% discount from the sales price and an extra year of "Approved" (after NW warranty until 12/2025) with him.

So everything went tip-top with the PZ.

I imagine that I didn't make such a bad purchase, also in terms of depreciation, because I bought one of the last combustion engine Macans in the last "model care level" that could be registered in Germany. ... but as I said, it's all just my personal imagination :/

By the way... As already mentioned, this will be my first Porsche. Coming from the G-Class and the "New Defender". ;)

I'll pick it up on Wednesday as a Christmas present.

I'm looking forward to it. :drive:

Greetings 8)

To finish first, you first have to finish!

Edited 4 times, last by Intercooler ().

• Well then, have fun with the new Macan.

Basically, the Macan is a top vehicle.

We previously had a Cayenne and then switched to the Macan.

We have not regretted it. :thumbsup:

All I can say about the service center is that everything has gone well so far. I would have gotten good percentages on a new car.

However, as a new car would have been very similar in configuration to our current vehicle, it doesn't make sense for us to spend another few tens of thousands of euros. Especially as our vehicle, as already mentioned, has very few kilometers on it. Even if we were to drive the car for another 5 years, we probably wouldn't even have 100,000 km on the clock.

Best regards

Uwe

Porsche 911 Turbo (996)

• We are also faced with the question:

used Macan II S vs new Macan III S - in our confi, the new car is on average €20,000 more expensive than a 3-year-old used one with around 50,000km.

We actually like the look and feel of the Macan II better, but something is always missing: sometimes PASM, sometimes ACC, ...

As we've been driving our current DD for 12 years, the Macan should last just as long, so a new car would be attractive - I'd also like to have the factory delivery 🤘

Any ideas on our dilemma?

• New car vs. 50,000 km would always be worth the 20k to me. How long can you still order for?

• This is not a dilemma.

With the key data and the possible running time 100% new car!

Ciao Stefan

Möge der Grip mit dir sein!

• I see it that way too.

In my opinion, only the new car comes into consideration.

Especially as you can choose your own configuration and add the factory collection on top :thumbsup:.

Porsche 911 Turbo (996)

• Like this. We have made our decision. :thumb:

... It's now "only" a T, but the last freely configurable one. Sufficient for us to use as a Daily (with two 6-cylinder boxers in the garage) and another €8,000 cheaper than an S. http://www.porsche-code.com/PRBQNB39

We probably won't do the factory collection, but we did get a Porsche Experience voucher 👍

• Porsche Experience voucher is available to every new car buyer.