Is it worth upgrading to the new Macan S?

• Hello everyone,

We've had the Macan S since 2019. It was one of the first Macan S facelift models. The car is absolutely trouble-free, fun to drive and I can't complain about anything with the car. As we don't drive that much, we've only driven around 47,000 km.

Now my salesman came up to me and said I should switch to the new model, as this would be the last combustion engine and would therefore be snatched out of the hands of the dealership. He even has a suitable vehicle, but I have not yet received a purchase price for our vehicle.

My basic question now is whether the switch to the new model is worthwhile or perhaps one of you also had the Macan II and has switched to the Macan III and can therefore say whether the new one is a real improvement. I haven't driven the new one yet and therefore have no experience at all.

Many thanks in advance and best regards

Uwe

This post has been automatically translated.

Porsche Macan S ab 06/2019

Porsche 718 Boxster GTS ab 12/2019

Porsche 911 Turbo (996)

Porsche Cayenne Diesel (958) bis 06/2019

• Hi,

You want an honest answer, I think: no.

Unless the PZ pays a top price for yours.

And the "last combustion engine" argument doesn't really hold water, because a) the combustion engine will continue to be built in parallel

and b) what's wrong with the E-Macan?

• Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

My gut feeling is that I should not change, as it would only be a waste of money.

I had already thought about the E-Macan.

My thoughts on the matter are as follows.

1. the PZ pays a very good price for our vehicle, then switch to the new one and drive it until the E- Macan has got rid of all its teething troubles, or

2. keep our current Macan, save the surcharge and continue to drive it until the E- Macan runs reliably.

If the new Macan were significantly better than its predecessor, then I might become weak after all. That's why I'm asking if anyone has made this switch and has any experience.

Porsche 911 Turbo (996)

• What speaks against the E-Macan?

The comparison is probably flawed.

Who wants an E Macan when they have an S?

Biene Maja, Willi, Schlumpf.

330 370 265

• What's wrong with the E-Macan?

The comparison is probably flawed.

Who wants an E Macan when they have an S?

I didn't want to start that discussion. For me, combustion engines and electric motors are on the same level as drive systems.

I have both, so I know what I'm talking about.

• My brother switched from Macan I to III. Always S. My wife drives Macan II basis. So I know them all

The jump from II to III is not that big. Lots of optics. Mainly on the inside. Touch. Exterior fine-tuning. I can't think of any major new features. Engine revised.

To your question. If you want to drive a Macan (combustion engine) for as long as possible, I would change over and freshen everything up. That way you'll be up to date and enjoy the car for even longer. It really is the last one. There's nothing more to come. I also decided to take another one.

If the price is right and the equipment of the existing car is ok, I would go for it.

Market situation: Macan is in demand. That's right. Torn out of the "hands" perhaps a bit much VK-speak ;). Also PZ/region dependent. Quotas have probably also been added recently. There should be some room for negotiation. But I wouldn't expect much of a discount on the new one. In my opinion, the deal will be based a lot on the purchase price of your current car.

Good luck. Either way, you have a great car :thumb: :wink:

Ciao Stefan

Möge der Grip mit dir sein!

• Hello Stefan,

Thank you very much for your message.

Yes, I had already thought that the difference between the Macan II and III wasn't that big.

I thought about it again last night and came to the same conclusion.

If the purchase price from the PZ is right, I'll switch to the Macan III. If the PZ offers too little, we'll keep our Macan.

Best regards

Uwe

Porsche 911 Turbo (996)

• And the "last combustion engine" argument doesn't really hold water, because a) the combustion engine should continue to be built in parallel

...but not for Germany.

• I drive the Macan 1.

All three generations (don't want to start the facelift debate now) based on the old Q5 at the beginning of the 2010s.

Contrary to the whole marketing machine, not much has really happened since then.

Sure, engines, chassis, steering and infotainment have improved since 2014, but not to such an extent that you would notice it every day in DD mode on the public road.

I also considered switching to the new GTS for a while, but it's not worth it for me. I don't get more out of the car than I do now just because it looks newer. I'd rather buy a second Boxster...

But everyone has to answer the question for themselves.

I would stay with the Macan II if I were the TS. Only the PZ wins when switching.

When the E-Macan arrives, which really is a completely new car, the cards will be reshuffled.

"Last combustion engine" and "ripped out of my hands" is already a lot of sales language.

I'm in sales myself, so I automatically take offense at these statements.

• We switched from the Macan 1 to the Macan 3 and that's a huge difference. There are also a few years in between. :wink:

"Prognosen sind schwierig, besonders wenn sie die Zukunft betreffen“
    Niels Bohr

Gruß Stefan