How can this be? Factory specifications:

991.2 Turbo 540 hp 320 km/h

991.1 Turbo S 560 hp 318 km/h

=> 20 hp more but 2 km/h slower 🥱

991.1 Turno S 560 hp 318 km/h

991.2 Turbo S 580 hp 330 km/h

=> 20 hp more does not bring +12 km/h at high speed! 🤔

I'm looking forward to your comments... :wink:

This post has been automatically translated.

• I also find it difficult to explain, but perhaps it helps to validate the data empirically:

I can confirm the 330 km/h from personal experience with my 991.2 Turbo S.

2017 Golf GTE

2016 911 TurboS

2022 Macan

• The speeds are electronically limited, partly due to tire approvals or other specifications of the manufacturer.

991.2 turbo S is limited with its 330km/h (in real terms, depending on tire size, it is approx. 334km/h GPS. If a vehicle is running well, it sometimes goes into the silent limiter and is briefly down-regulated (control tolerance sometimes approx. 3-4 km/h upwards).

• Aerodynamics?

Can you possibly tell from the cw value?

At over 300 km/h this should play a role.

• 991.1 Turbo S according to GPS 334.7 km/h in normal mode (i.e. not Sport-Plus), Michelin Pilot 4S summer tires, at night, A7 completely empty, and no, no race, not even against myself... I only saw this at home in the GPS-based logbook. I tried Sport Plus mode once, but it hardly brings any noticeable increase in performance, but more noise, which I don't need on long journeys.

• Wow!
    Series performance?

• Yep series performance, and just let it run....

• That's quite an announcement, 318 vs. 334 km/h.

Either the 991.1 TTS has significantly more standard power (quite conceivable with turbo engines) or the Vmax stated in the brochure is very "conservative" or a mixture of both.

For +16 km/h in the high-speed range you need an estimated +70 hp?

+28 hp / +5% compared to the brochure (560 hp) realistic...🤷‍♂️

• A look in the manual also helps (at least with the 991.2 TTS) - in "Sport+" it does not reach the top speed because of the fully extended spoilers. If you select "Sport+" as engine management in "individual" and leave the "Spoiler" box unchecked, it should run best on the track. I'd have to verify it with GPS, but there was definitely still some air left :])

• Wow!
    Standard performance?

if it's a 991.1 tts with 560 hp, then the throttle is not programmed. Not that the power is necessarily missing, but as far as I'm aware, the throttle on the 991.1 tts stops just before 330km/h at this software level (and only if all tolerances are correct). But that fits very well for a 991.2tts......