Speaker cable in the center console

• What does the TÜV actually say about such a modern 2 DIN radio? Can there be problems with the H license plate, can it be revoked?

This post has been automatically translated.

928 S4 Schalter, mit GT Nockenwelle (umgearbeitete S4 Nockenwelle), EZ ´87, US-Version

• Many years ago, out of an abundance of caution, I used an old removable 1DIN cassette radio cover and a piece of 3mm matt black cardboard to make a cover that looks like the real thing.

This is stuck to the monitor for the TÜV with some thin double-sided adhesive tape ...and the sleeping dogs continue to sleep the sleep of the just :thumbsup: ]:-)

By now you know who you're dealing with ;)

Porsche 928 RS MJ 1981 bugattiblau / 5,2L 360 PS GTS Fahrwerk/Getriebe/Bremsen

Klimabedienteil instandsetzen lassen und auf warmweiße LED-Beleuchtung in Originaloptik umrüsten? --> Nachricht an mich!

• Do you have a photo? The dismantling with the old radio would not be an act but I find the solution smart 😊 Greetings Thilo

928 S3 32V 288PS EZ09/87 VIN WP0zzz92zgs841924

• I'll take a photo tomorrow.

Dismantling the radio is far too time-consuming, just for such bureaucratic crap? Nope.

In the military you learn to camouflage and deceive :])

Klimabedienteil instandsetzen lassen und auf warmweiße LED-Beleuchtung in Originaloptik umrüsten? --> Nachricht an mich!

• Jimmysylt: Thanks for the information. Can I connect the Axtron DSP to the existing original cables? Do you notice any difference to the old original amplifier?

Regards

Bernd

Allzeit gute Fahrt wünscht

Bernd

993 Cabrio BJ 03.94, Schalter in schwarz-schwarz-schwarz

928 GTS BJ 10.92, Automat in amazonasgrün-klassikgrau

• Here are the pictures.

The lower bar under the fake control panel covers the buttons of the Alpine.

You have to adjust it individually.

At the back only small pieces of double-sided adhesive tape, otherwise it won't come off the monitor.

It only has to last a few hours.

VG
    Thommy

Edited once, last by 928@AMG (November 28, 2023 at 4:35 PM).

• And the TÜV will accept that? :thumbsup:

928 S4 Schalter, mit GT Nockenwelle (umgearbeitete S4 Nockenwelle), EZ ´87, US-Version

• Yes, of course, for years.

The first impression with a cursory glance counts.

Radio is not on the checklist .

Unless someone comes with a vintage car and a clearly visible ultra hi-fi subwoofer system.

• This is what it looks like installed

• Bernd

In my S3 there was only the simple equipment with 4 speakers without amplifier. So I have no comparison. Compared to the old Bremen without amplifier, the difference with the Axton is enormous.

The Axton comes with a wiring harness that allows plug and play with new radios (DIN multi-plug). However, I still had to build adapters for the old LS plugs from the oldie Bremen. But there are also ready-made adapters

Greetings Christoph

928s3 Automatik BJ86

Tannengrün sieht anders aus :]) Moosgrün auch😉