Speaker cable in the center console

• Update: I have removed the retrofitted wiring harness and rewired everything with the help of the wiring diagram and the pin assignment from the radio. The earth on the left and new earth on the right were each laid together. It worked right away 😊. I also diverted power from the cigarette lighter for a USB socket in the glove compartment.

After much deliberation, I opted for a double DIN radio with CarPlay. I don't find the cell phone holders ideal (especially when driving dynamically) and I need a navigation system. The USB connection from the radio for the cell phone is now in the armrest tray and the cell phone is well stowed there.

I just don't like the shiny frame and radio. I've put some spare parts to one side for a rebuild. You never know 🙈.

Greetings Thilo

This post has been automatically translated.

• The only thing I don't like is the shiny frame and radio.

You can unclip the frame and paint it with matt clear lacquer to match. I also repainted the frame on my Alpine from glossy black to matt dark blue.

Alternatively, you can also use transparent matt DC Fix film, cut into 4 matching strips.

VG
    Thommy

Porsche 928 RS MJ 1981 bugattiblau / 5,2L 360 PS GTS Fahrwerk/Getriebe/Bremsen

Klimabedienteil instandsetzen lassen und auf warmweiße LED-Beleuchtung in Originaloptik umrüsten? --> Nachricht an mich!

• Hello

I really like this double DIN solution. Unfortunately not feasible for me. Not only would the clock be omitted, but also the controls for the auxiliary air conditioning system - a pity.

Best regards

Nobse

928 S4 Schalter, mit GT Nockenwelle (umgearbeitete S4 Nockenwelle), EZ ´87, US-Version

• The double DIN solutions have a clock in the Android Auto screen.

• But unfortunately no controls for the auxiliary air conditioning system.

928 S4 Schalter, mit GT Nockenwelle (umgearbeitete S4 Nockenwelle), EZ ´87, US-Version

• Hello

I really like this double DIN solution. Unfortunately not feasible for me. Not only would the clock be omitted, but also the controls for the auxiliary air conditioning system - a pity.

Best regards

Nobse

I don't think it's impossible in principle, have you checked whether you could sacrifice the ashtray and whether the installation space for the air conditioning and clock is sufficient? Greetings Thilo

928 S3 32V 288PS EZ09/87 VIN WP0zzz92zgs841924

• I don't need an ashtray. But it's beyond my capabilities to place the control for the auxiliary air conditioning system in the ashtray in a sensible way.

• Thommy

Here is the information about the Axton amplifier that fits under the cover next to the passenger seat.

Greetings Christoph

928s3 Automatik BJ86

Tannengrün sieht anders aus :]) Moosgrün auch😉

• Jimmysylt: Is the Bremen SQR you are using the retro device with DAB, or the original from the 80s?

Allzeit gute Fahrt wünscht

Bernd

993 Cabrio BJ 03.94, Schalter in schwarz-schwarz-schwarz

928 GTS BJ 10.92, Automat in amazonasgrün-klassikgrau

• Hi there.

It's the original Blaupunkt Bremen from the eighties.

Only analog radio reception (DAB is not yet optimally developed in the North German Plain) and cassette. (I still have all my old compact cassettes from back then)

And Bluetoth streaming via the amplifier of everything on the cell phone.

928s3 Automatik BJ86

Tannengrün sieht anders aus :]) Moosgrün auch😉