Speaker cable in the center console

• 30851-229c5fe935c130bca93c672c47053b070bc4a1f1.jpeg
    Quote from Thilo62
    During this time I can think about my secret dream of a double din radio with sat nav. I think Thommy had one of those in it. Greetings and many thanks Thilo

I wouldn't do double DIN, IMHO it doesn't suit the cockpit. But everyone as they like it.

Looks like a 2DIN sat nav has always been in there originally, as has always been appropriate for the class :thumbsup: :headbange

VG

Thommy

This post has been automatically translated.

Porsche 928 RS MJ 1981 bugattiblau / 5,2L 360 PS GTS Fahrwerk/Getriebe/Bremsen

Klimabedienteil instandsetzen lassen und auf warmweiße LED-Beleuchtung in Originaloptik umrüsten? --> Nachricht an mich!

• so I am now much smarter :thumbsup: or not. I rang through all the cables and found that the earth of the loudspeaker outputs on the radio to the booster is connected together on the left and right ?:-(. The wiring diagram from Schocki confirms this!

I'm really not that well versed in the subject, but if the booster is removed can you simply split the grounds again? I mean, some of you must have done it that way?

I hope you can help me again

regards

Thilo

or does it make sense to install a 4x20 watt (sine) amplifier with a 4x50 watt radio, the combined ground is a bit special and I don't think it's done anymore. In the circuit diagram of the BQS80 this is also clearly visible, but after the amplifiers it is separated again. I hope you have an idea what is best.

Regards

Thilo

928 S3 32V 288PS EZ09/87 VIN WP0zzz92zgs841924

• It doesn't really matter where you get the mass from, whether together or not.

Un saludo

Schocki :khat:

1987 944 Turbo, R.I.P. :pop:
    1991 944 S2, Kobaltblau, verkauft :kbye:
    1972 911 T Targa, Geminiblau aka "Shelley" k:ok:
    1992 928 GTS, Amazonasgrün aka "Das Phantom" :kyippie:

It's not the speed that kills you, it's the sudden stop k:secret: .

• Hello

Regardless of how it used to be, it is important to know what your goal is for the conversion.

In the past, most radios only had two LS outputs. Hence the separate fade control next to the driver's seat. If you also wanted to use this with an additional amplifier, the documented "cable tangle" was necessary. If you value absolute originality, you still need this.

Depending on the design of the power amplifiers of the radios, there are solutions where loudspeaker minus equals ground. But there are also solutions (often with Japanese high amp amplifiers with high output power) where both speaker poles are isolated from ground. In this case, a common ground or a connection of the negative pole of the speaker line to the vehicle ground would destroy the power amplifier.

Most of the radios currently available have enough power to adequately supply the original (or replaced speakers in the original installation positions).

However, it should be noted that the impedance/resistance value of the original loudspeaker/crossover combination is less than the usual 4 ohms. The original Blaupunkt amplifier is designed precisely for this. So if you want to keep it original, keep the Blaupunkt amplifier and speakers.

I don't have the wiring diagram for the Blaupunkt at the moment, but it should also have a preamplifier input that you can then connect to the new radio.

I installed an original Bremen SQR in my S3 with only four speakers ex works and combined it with an Axton amplifier (original installation space next to the passenger seat). It even has DSP (digital sound processing which compensates somewhat for the limited installation space in the original seats) and I can stream music from my cell phone to the system via Bluetooth.

928s3 Automatik BJ86

Tannengrün sieht anders aus :]) Moosgrün auch😉

• Thommy

What kind of radio is the 2DIN device?

How did you get that awesome picture on the home screen?

Looks great 👍🏻😊

Greetings Christoph

928s3 Automatik BJ86

Tannengrün sieht anders aus :]) Moosgrün auch😉

• @ Christoph:

This is an Alpine INE W720D . It's a 1DIN device at the back, with a fixed 2Din monitor.

No bulky archaic CD/DVD/Bluray technology, just USB, Bluetooth Apple Carplay etc.

The start screen was programmed by the guys from ARS Stuttgart. They also installed all the bells and whistles.

Since the plastic of the Miko is too flimsy for the heavy device, the device is supported at the bottom rear with a holding block on the cardan tunnel.

VG
    Thommy

Porsche 928 RS MJ 1981 bugattiblau / 5,2L 360 PS GTS Fahrwerk/Getriebe/Bremsen

Klimabedienteil instandsetzen lassen und auf warmweiße LED-Beleuchtung in Originaloptik umrüsten? --> Nachricht an mich!

• I have this in both cars. The frame is already printed.

Sony 3250 Dingenskirchen...

I now have 6" systems from Focal in the rear.

Both my cars have more than 200,000 km, so my comfort and good sound are more important to me than the old Blaupunkt amplifier.

The radio harmonizes perfectly with the new Oono, and shows danger messages in writing and sound on the display.

• Jimmysylt: Please post the link to the Axton amplifier.

I installed a Blaupunkt RD104 Munich from 1994 at the beginning of the week. Together with the original amplifier and new speaker drivers under the original speaker covers, I now have a really good sound (for my standards). Much better than the same station wagon, but with the Porsche-Classic Naviradio. Now I have a nice sound with a very nice 90s original look. Of course, a high-end stereo system with subwoofer and corresponding playback device provides a much better listening experience. But in the end, like everything else in our hobby: everyone as they like it and what is important to them.

Kind regards, Bernd

Allzeit gute Fahrt wünscht

Bernd

993 Cabrio BJ 03.94, Schalter in schwarz-schwarz-schwarz

928 GTS BJ 10.92, Automat in amazonasgrün-klassikgrau