Speaker cable in the center console

• Where can I find the M code? My Blaupunkt Paris radio is installed and probably not original 😩 Greetings Thilo

This post has been automatically translated.

928 S3 32V 288PS EZ09/87 VIN WP0zzz92zgs841924

• Hi

I also have an S3.

As Ludger has already written, a cable harness goes from the fader next to the driver's seat to the amplifier next to the passenger seat.

In the basic version with 4 loudspeakers without amplifier, the LS cables go to the fader and from there 4 wires go to the radio.

The wiring diagram clearly shows the different versions.

I would replace the crimp connectors in the speaker cables with solder connectors with shrink tubing. Can be fitted with a hot air gun without a soldering iron. Works great.

928s3 Automatik BJ86

Tannengrün sieht anders aus :]) Moosgrün auch😉

• Where can I find the M code? I have the Blaupunkt Paris radio installed and it's probably not original 😩 Greetings Thilo

At the back in the trunk under the carpet on a sticker (if still present).

Un saludo

Schocki :khat:

1987 944 Turbo, R.I.P. :pop:
    1991 944 S2, Kobaltblau, verkauft :kbye:
    1972 911 T Targa, Geminiblau aka "Shelley" k:ok:
    1992 928 GTS, Amazonasgrün aka "Das Phantom" :kyippie:

It's not the speed that kills you, it's the sudden stop k:secret: .

• Thank you very much!!! I will tackle all this and take a close look at the wiring harness. Regarding the solder connectors, I have yellow ones in use but have the feeling that the shrink tubing burns before the solder melts. Is there a recommendation where I can get good ones? Greetings Thilo

• Hello Thilo,

for your vehicle ... GS841924 ... was fitted as standard M328 ... Blaupunkt Bremen SQR 45 or SQR 46, depending on the time of assembly ...

Greetings

Richard

1995 ... letzte Stufe der Evolution ... zeitloses Design in Perfektion ... handgeschaltet

• Hola Thilo,

here is the equipment of your 928:

C00 - German market
    M28.46 - engine serial # range 89G 05001>10000 5 liter 32 valve, 288 hp @ 5750 rpm
    A28.11 - transmission serial # range 16 G 05001>10000 - 2.54:1 final drive ratio

M026 - With activated charcoal cannister
    M058 - "Impact absorbers front and rear, Bumper with shock absorber instead of
    shock absorber-tube"
    I139 - Adjustable seat heating - Left
    M261 - Outside mirror - plain-passenger side (RHD), electrically adjustable and heatable
    I299 - Prepared for unleaded fuel, automatic transmission
    I328 - Blaupunkt Bremen SQR 45 M.ARI
    I340 - Seat heating - Right
    I415 - Widening of the gauge on the track on the rear axle
    I490 - Hi-Fi sound system (8 speakers, balance control, 1980-86.5) ("Equipment Group IV")
    M494 - 86- Additional Amp -Blaupunkt Quadro BQB-80
    M533 - Alarm system
    M650 - Sunroof

Un saludo

• Schocki ☺️ How do you know that? THANKS! I have solved the problem with the cables, a second line has been installed and I have also found the sticker. I have now replaced the diaphragm. Now it's time for the cables if everything is already disassembled then it would be stupid to leave it like that. In the meantime, I can think about my secret dream of a double-din radio with sat nav. I think Thommy had one in there. Greetings and many thanks Thilo

• During this time I can think about my secret dream of a double-din radio with sat nav. I think Thommy had one of those. Greetings and many thanks Thilo

I wouldn't do double DIN, IMHO it doesn't suit the cockpit. But everyone as he likes it.

Un saludo

• so I am now much smarter :thumbsup: or not. I rang through all the cables and found that the earth of the loudspeaker outputs on the radio to the booster is connected together on the left and right ?:-(. The wiring diagram from Schocki confirms this!

I'm really not that well versed in the subject, but if the booster is removed can you simply split the grounds again? I mean, some of you must have done it that way?

I hope you can help me again

regards

Thilo