Speaker cable in the center console

• Hello everyone, in the course of repairing the heater's vacuum regulator, I also wanted to tidy up the radio's tangle of cables. I am sure that all 8 speakers work even if only 4 pairs of wires are connected. But now I have found a second bundle of 8 cables with speaker plugs. Can anyone tell me what the second set is for or has it all been wired up wrong? Greetings Thilo

This post has been automatically translated.

928 S3 32V 288PS EZ09/87 VIN WP0zzz92zgs841924

• No offense, but what else is there to recognize? :wink: A lot has been patched together with grimp connectors, lustre terminals and Wagro terminals. The cables originally go to the amplifier next to the passenger seat. From there to the crossovers. Do you have a wiring diagram of the radio? If not, I have the one for an 85.

Gruß Ludger

Rettet die Grotten, weg mit den Schrottpressen

928 GTS Kompressor

(928 S4 Bj 89 Automatik) vekauft
    928 S2 Bj 85 Automatik Umbau DP - Motorsport
    928 S2 bj 85 Schaltgetriebe

• This gives you a bit of an idea of what it should look like. Hopefully your English is good enough.

The way the wiring looks in your photos, the amplifier is no longer there. The black ISO plug with the cables goes directly to the loudspeakers.

I'll have to look up the eight other cables in the wiring diagram. I only have a diagram for my GTS to hand at the moment, it's almost identical but not 100%.

As Ludger says: check if the original amplifier is still next to the passenger seat.

Un saludo

Schocki :khat:

1987 944 Turbo, R.I.P. :pop:
    1991 944 S2, Kobaltblau, verkauft :kbye:
    1972 911 T Targa, Geminiblau aka "Shelley" k:ok:
    1992 928 GTS, Amazonasgrün aka "Das Phantom" :kyippie:

It's not the speed that kills you, it's the sudden stop k:secret: .

• Thank you very much, I'm starting to get an idea. Next to the passenger seat is just more patchwork. Where is the crossover located? I haven't found a wiring diagram for 86.5 yet. But I haven't had a close look at the link yet. Greetings Thilo

• The crossovers are located in one set in the two doors and in the rear in the side panels by the bass speakers.

Gruß Ludger

928 GTS Kompressor

• The sheer amount of cables is overwhelming ?:-(. Is it possible that a double cable set was installed for the amplifier in order to be able to connect different radios without any problems?

Greetings Thilo

• There is a standard wiring harness to the fade control on the driver's side, which is why there are so many cables.

Gruß Ludger

928 GTS Kompressor

• Yes, I know that one, or that's not what I meant. All cables on the passenger side have been bridged (Sven's and mine) but there are still at least 8 cable lugs unconnected. Greetings Thilo

• The sheer amount of cables is overwhelming ?:-(. Is it possible that a double cable set was installed for the amplifier in order to be able to connect different radios without any problems?

Greetings Thilo

Short answer: no. If you still have the M-codes for your car, then the radio, or rather which type was used, is also entered there. Otherwise it is as Ludger says above and you have the same Post....

Un saludo

Schocki :khat:

1987 944 Turbo, R.I.P. :pop:
    1991 944 S2, Kobaltblau, verkauft :kbye:
    1972 911 T Targa, Geminiblau aka "Shelley" k:ok:
    1992 928 GTS, Amazonasgrün aka "Das Phantom" :kyippie:

It's not the speed that kills you, it's the sudden stop k:secret: .