LED light sources with approval available

• Counter question: with new headlights, would the direct use of the new LED light sources extend the service life of the lenses?

Yes, halogen lamps are heat emitters, over 95% of the connected load is converted into heat radiation.

Greetings

Thank you!

This post has been automatically translated.

• But much better than I had expected, clear buy recommendation...

• Attention illegal:

During the day, I use the fog lights as daytime running lights. I only use low beam in the dark. With all the daytime running light combinations and retrofit solutions nowadays, the fog light is no longer noticeable during the day. The fog lights also have no internal lenses that could be damaged.

Please do not imitate them! =O

986 2,5 10/1997 tiptronic schwarz/schwarz

PLZ 33

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear

• Is there any experience of using the fog lights for longer (as TFLs)? The housing in which the H7 is fitted is considerably smaller than that of the main headlights. I am concerned that the heat radiating from the small housing could possibly cause more damage.

Weactually always drive with the lights on. I've already told my better half not to leave the dipped headlights on all the time because of the well-known discoloration of the lenses. Ours already has a yellow spot on the left one, about the size of a dime. And the parking lights are not really noticeable during the day.

• I am concerned that the heat radiating from the small housing could possibly cause more damage.

Just take a look at the connected load of the LED lamp. Normally, a halogen lamp is installed, which emits over 95% of the connected load in heat at the front of the filament, i.e. approx. 50W pure heat output and only 5% visible light. The Osram H7 LED only consumes 19W. A good half of this goes into heat, i.e. a good 10W, which is dissipated to the rear (fan or heat sink, depending on the design).

The load on the headlight is significantly lower with an LED.

Greetings

Nach 320'000 Spiegeleiern kann die Kantine nicht so schlecht gewesen sein!
    Harm Lagaay

PS: Ich heisse nicht Greetz k:thinking:

• Thanks for the tip about the LED. However, I actually meant the heat development with standard halogen equipment in the fog light.

• I believe that daytime dipped headlights should be reserved for those whose lives depend on them (e.g. motorcyclists).

If someone overlooks your car, they will do so even if your low beam is switched on :thumb:

Porsche Boxster 2,7 weitere Fahrzeuge VW T5 Mulitivan 2,5TDI, Astra K ST 1,4T, KTM RC8, KTM 1290 Super Adventure S.

• As a motorcyclist, I basically agree with you. But today's daytime running lights are already so bright that motorcyclists are seen by both sexes anyway. And in diffuse light conditions, cars without LED daytime running lights are practically invisible if they don't have their low beam switched on.

• When talking about glare, the subject of e-bikes with LEDs should also be considered. There is no dipped beam with a prescribed light/dark limit and the glare is enormous in poor visibility. Especially when the lamp angle is set incorrectly and there is oncoming traffic on the right-hand side of the road on the cycle path. In summer, I find any illuminated oncoming traffic in shady wooded areas helpful for avoiding reckless overtaking maneuvers.

986 2,5 10/1997 tiptronic schwarz/schwarz

PLZ 33

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear

• To all those who have already installed the LED lights from Porsche. I was also sold additional adapters with my purchase. I bought the LED bulbs for the low beam and high beam. But I can't get the additional adapters installed. Does anyone have any ideas?