Carrera rim / winter tires approved?

• Hi,

I drive the Classic polished / high-gloss black and am super happy with it. Someone has now told me that I can't drive the rim with winter tires because "Porsche" wouldn't allow it(front axle: 992601025H, rear axle: 992601025J)?

Is this the case and what does it mean? Typical approval talk, or really relevant information with comprehensible arguments for safety / durability? :old:

I am grateful to the professionals here in advance for any advice and hope to be able to ride the rim in winter.

Best regards from the Flensburg Fjord

Guido

This post has been automatically translated.

• The rims have a prescribed tire size for the summer - you must also use this size for the winter tires, then everything fits.

So do not use the specified size of the winter tires on the summer rims.

• The rims have a prescribed tire size for the summer - you must also use this size for the winter tires, then everything fits.

So do not use the specified size of the winter tires on the summer rims.

...but then snow chains are usually no longer permitted because there is no more room for them - just for your information (doesn't usually matter, but is the difference to the official winter wheelsets)...

981 Cayman GT4 "Biene Maja"
    und Andere... :wink:

• Hi, thank you very much. According to the service center, I am not allowed to drive the rims in winter. Original text from PZ HH:

Hello everyone,

once again the confirmation from our side: Rims only approved for summer use.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me using the contact details below.

Yours sincerely

Daily - 2020 992 S T-Schwarzmetallic nach 992 Aventuringrün

• Buchwald

As the previous speakers have already said

You can also use the summer rim as a winter rim if the same tire size is mounted

• Buchwald

You can also use the summer rim as a winter rim if the same tire size is fitted

The service center will probably not fit them, as they would like to generate a few thousand for new rims for the winter :wink:...so an independent workshop has to do this, which not every Porsche owner wants...

• I wanted to ask the same question today, as I would like to drive the GTS in winter after all. And at the rear, the size of the original ZV winter wheels is 11J (instead of 11.5J) and therefore 295 instead of 305/30 ZR21 (rear).

• I had the original winter wheels fitted this week

It wasn't an easy job with the ZV rims

The truck torque wrench was too short in terms of lever travel and had to be extended

• Buchwald

You can also use the summer rim as a winter rim if the same tire size is fitted

The service center will probably not fit them, as they want to generate a few thousand euros for new rims for the winter :wink:...so an independent workshop has to do this, which not every Porsche owner wants...

My garage fitted the original summer rims with winter tires.

Although the term summer rims is already nonsense.