Original antenna/amplifier in shark

• 20cm Y cable adapter 4x Cinch RCA male to 1x 5-pin DIN MIDI female

Plug A

It is best to unplug the old radio and measure everything once and connect accordingly.

You can take the control signal for the amplifier or antenna amplifier from pin 5 blue cable.

Schocki: sorry, I don't understand.
    I understand plug A (measure it and see what it is like).
    But plug B with 8 output cables should be connected to the 8-pin round DIN connector. what should I do with the cable in your link with 5 PIN ?

This post has been automatically translated.

Cicero

928 GT 1991 nachtblau - classicgrau

911 G Cabrio 1989 silber - grau bicolor
    Noch mehr Alteisen 1963 - 2001

"Unmündigkeit ist das Unvermögen, sich seines Verstandes ohne Leitung eines anderen zu bedienen"

• Schocki, I also ordered the DAB antenna you installed and it has just been delivered. I was also briefly shocked that it has a 70 * angle.

I then went straight to GTS and stopped them. OK, the Porsche antenna has a flatter angle, but it's OK for me.

I don't have a Blaupunkt radio yet, but I'm more likely to go for the Frankfurt like the Bremen DAB, I like the double line display better. The cables on the antenna also look very long 👍🏻. Which plus contact did you use for the antenna?

:wink:

• Moin

Plug B 8-pin are the power outputs of the new radio.

The preamplifier outputs on the radio are the cinch sockets.

The original Blaupunkt amplifier in the 928 only has preamplifier inputs. (8-pin DIN socket) Control with loudspeaker outputs is also possible with some Blaupunkt amplifiers (e.g. BQB 80 etc), but not with the original 928 amplifier.

Corresponding 8-pin DIN couplings are available on the Internet. I have seen the pin assignment of the 928 Blaupunkt on the net before, but I can't find it at the moment

928s3 Automatik BJ86

Tannengrün sieht anders aus :]) Moosgrün auch😉

• Hello

I just saw in your picture that a cable with a DIN coupling is already "hanging" on the Grundig.

Instead of the flat plug connectors, you now have to use chinch plugs. Then it should work.

928s3 Automatik BJ86

Tannengrün sieht anders aus :]) Moosgrün auch😉

• Which positive contact did you use for the antenna?

:wink:

Plus control line from the radio to the amplifier.

Un saludo

Schocki :khat:

1987 944 Turbo, R.I.P. :pop:
    1991 944 S2, Kobaltblau, verkauft :kbye:
    1972 911 T Targa, Geminiblau aka "Shelley" k:ok:
    1992 928 GTS, Amazonasgrün aka "Das Phantom" :kyippie:

It's not the speed that kills you, it's the sudden stop k:secret: .

• Cicero1

Ok, everything to ZERO and so that we don't misunderstand each other. Plug B is ONLY used if you would go to the speakers without an amplifier. But you want to continue using the original amplifier (which is a good thing).

Info: Connecting the radio directly is not possible anyway, because the original loudspeakers do not have the same resistance values as the rest of the automotive world. Basses have 2 ohms and the rest 4 ohms. On top of this comes the problem that the rear bass speakers do not have their own crossovers.

The front door loudspeakers have their own crossovers.

The rear mid-range and tweeters have crossovers, the basses get the frequencies directly from the amplifier (thanks Porsche for the setup <X ).

So for the speakers you need RCA to an 8-pin DIN socket (as in the link).

20cm Y cable adapter 4x Cinch RCA male to 1x 5-pin DIN MIDI female

Plug B remains unused.

Plug A is best measured with a multimeter. You can either take the control signal for the amplifier and also the power supply for the antenna amplifier from plug A or from the blue cable of the DIN adapter.

This should be the right adapter, then soldering is completely superfluous.

Un saludo

• This post has been automatically translated.

• V8/32V

There are power amplifiers that can handle 2 and 4 ohms. My original power amplifier was also missing when I bought the car.

I didn't do anything to the door loudspeakers.

The rear speakers got a three-way crossover.

A new power amplifier was installed and everything was connected to the preamplifier output and has been working for years without any problems.

Un saludo

• Schocki and Jimmysylt: thanks, I've understood so far :thumbup-alternative: :).

Cicero

"Unmündigkeit ist das Unvermögen, sich seines Verstandes ohne Leitung eines anderen zu bedienen"

• But one more question for Schocki:

Your lin contains a cinch to 5-pin adapter. IS that an example? I would need cinch to 8-pin, wouldn't I?

Cicero