Original antenna/amplifier in shark

• Question about the antenna and possibly antenna amplifier in the Shark:

Is an antenna amplifier originally installed in the shark ? If so, is it above the headliner or somewhere "behind" the radio ?

I also plan to buy a DAB radio with handsfree (as in the neighboring thread "Blaupunkt Frankfurt DAB" ) and ask myself what kind of antenna I should use best. Without wanting to pull new strings, then probably only a splitter for the original antenna remains - but must be active or passive ? Will the existing amplifier be used or will it be bypassed ?

And with regard to the hands-free system, the question is where and how to place the microphone with as little effort as possible (cable routing)?

This post has been automatically translated.

Cicero

928 GT 1991 nachtblau - classicgrau

911 G Cabrio 1989 silber - grau bicolor
    Noch mehr Alteisen 1963 - 2001

"Unmündigkeit ist das Unvermögen, sich seines Verstandes ohne Leitung eines anderen zu bedienen"

• Splitter did not work at all for me. FM SUPER, DAB no reception, zero. Remedy has brought this antenna, super reception whether FM or DAB:

Eightwood Dab + FM/Am Antena Dab Radio Digita https://bit.ly/471MlhL [advertisement]

Micro sits in my GTS at the top of the trim of the A-pillar to the headliner.

Un saludo

Schocki :khat:

1987 944 Turbo, R.I.P. :pop:
    1991 944 S2, Kobaltblau, verkauft :kbye:
    1972 911 T Targa, Geminiblau aka "Shelley" k:ok:
    1992 928 GTS, Amazonasgrün aka "Das Phantom" :kyippie:

It's not the speed that kills you, it's the sudden stop k:secret: .

• Schocki:

I.e. you have exchanged the original antenna for the linked one, right ?
    Fits that of the antenna base, is that then with plug&play tight to the roof or are further measures required ?

Cicero

"Unmündigkeit ist das Unvermögen, sich seines Verstandes ohne Leitung eines anderen zu bedienen"

• I have installed splitter and additionally the original antenna to the DAB Blaupunkt Bremen over the A-pillar in the box of the sunroof motor laid, resulted just so because of the cable routing for the rear dashcam.

Result DAB reception via splitter better than via the original antenna.

And micro of the DAB Bremen same with over the A-pillar laid between the two sun visors together with the cable for the front dashcam.

• I.e. you have exchanged the original antenna for the linked one, right ?

Correct. The antenna needs some silicone at the base to make it 100% tight.

I removed the old cables completely and routed the new, much thinner ones, to the B-pillar.

Un saludo

Schocki :khat:

1987 944 Turbo, R.I.P. :pop:
    1991 944 S2, Kobaltblau, verkauft :kbye:
    1972 911 T Targa, Geminiblau aka "Shelley" k:ok:
    1992 928 GTS, Amazonasgrün aka "Das Phantom" :kyippie:

It's not the speed that kills you, it's the sudden stop k:secret: .

• I have installed splitter and additionally the original antenna to the DAB Blaupunkt Bremen over the A-pillar in the box of the sunroof motor laid, resulted just so because of the cable routing for the rear dashcam.

Result DAB reception via splitter better than via the original antenna.

And micro of the DAB Bremen same with about the A-pillar laid between the two sun visors together with the cable for the front dashcam.

Is this an active or passive splitter ?

Addition: and where are you with the cables along to arrive at the end in the radio slot ? Do you have to dismantle the dashboard or how to get there ?

Cicero

Edited once, last by Cicero1 (October 24, 2023 at 8:59 AM).

• Active, if I remember correctly.

https://www.caraudio24.de/Zube…2006017472609::32073.html

Pass the line from the radio on the right behind the storage compartment, then above the control units in the lower right corner, run the line up to the beginning of the A-pillar, virtually between the dashboard and the body, there is plenty of space! You can only see it when the A-pillar trim is removed there.

Then up the A-pillar and up to the left to get out between the sun visors, to the right to get out the back of the sunroof engine box. After removing the sun visor, pull the headliner down a little at the front and sides, and before that remove the rubber felt seal between the headliner and the body in the door frame.

Must or should be removed:

Storage compartment passenger side, A-pillar trim, right sun visor to be able to pull off the sky in the corners something.

• From the conversation at the time with the always very helpful technical hotline of Blaupunkt the answer on the subject of poor DAB reception with Blaupunkt Bremen DAB:

"There is basically only an active and a passive splitter, the explanation of whether you need active or passive, you will find under the listing of the splitters.

Furthermore, the choice of the splitter depends on the plug that is in your vehicle. You should work with as few additional adapters as possible.

I have removed two models that are out of question, the others you have to select based on the existing antenna and its connector.

Enclosed you will find documents about the splitters.

Please use a DAB outdoor antenna or an active DAB antenna in case of reception problems. The antenna supplied with the device may not be sufficient in regions with poor reception.

The following antenna is recommended, but it must be mounted correctly on the window (vertically):

Adhesive windshield antenna with integrated amplifier (Important: In the menu of the radio, the power supply for the antenna must be activated): 2006019000000

You can also use a splitter, but the reception quality may not be optimal, especially with active antennas due to narrow band amplifiers - unfortunately this can only be tested:

2006017472610 - DAB-S-11a - Active splitter for splitting the antenna to FM and DAB (ISO to ISO + SMB)

2006017472609 - DAB-S-22a - Active splitter for splitting the antenna to FM and DAB (DIN to DIN + SMB)

2006017472612 - DAB-S-32a - Active splitter for splitting the antenna to FM and DAB (FAKRA to DIN + SMB)

2006017472611 - DAB-S-33a - Active splitter for splitting the antenna to FM and DAB (FAKRA to FAKRA + SMB)

2006017472408 - DAB-S-31p - Passive splitter (with phantom power) for splitting the antenna to FM and DAB (FAKRA to ISO + SMB)

2006017472409 - DAB-S-22p - Passive splitter (with phantom power) for splitting the antenna to FM and DAB (DIN to DIN + SMB)

2006017472410 - DAB-S-32p - Passive splitter (with phantom power) for splitting the antenna on FM and DAB (FAKRA on DIN + SMB)

If you have an active antenna (which gets voltage for the antenna amplifier via the inner conductor of the antenna cable), you need the PASSIVE splitter, this supplies the antenna with the necessary voltage.

If you have a passive antenna (without amplifier) or an antenna which gets the voltage supply otherwise, you need the ACTIVE adapter, it does not output voltage and amplifies the signal itself."

• Great - thanks Alfons.

Cicero

• The Bremen DAB is just a bad unit for the price, mine is in a drawer.