Unknown defroster button in the center console

• Hi all,

The heating/ventilation control in the G is a bit special, but I have another knob/button in my 86 that I can't find anything about in the manual:

It's relatively loose on the carpet (the only visible sheet metal screw doesn't seem to grip anymore), but even if I hold it, nothing seems to operate, nothing moves. Does it have a toggle switch function? Push switch? Push button?

Also, there is only a blue/black wire connected on the bottom, no idea if it would still operate otherwise on ground via the mounting screw?

Many greetings, Daniel

This post has been automatically translated.

Viele Grüße, Daniel (der schon mal für einige Jahre im PFF war und nun einen neuen Account hat)

• Hello Daniel,

only with a cable, there can actually nothing with funzen.

In the Pet I have once seen the black part (as a picture) as text I do not think. My 86 US does not have the thing.

911 Carrera Coupe; Bj 1986; US Version; 3,2; 207 PS; ---- der wurde das Ersatzfahrzeug für den Karmann GF Buggy

1303 Cabrio Bj 1978

Neuerdings noch einen 4 Zylinder Wasserkocher. VW Polo 86 c Bj. 1987 1000 ccm 44 PS ein gewaltiger Hammer.

• It's just an indicator. Lights up when you pull up the heating lever.

I'm not sure if it is always on or only when the light is on.

Greetings

1982 SC 3,0 US, 930.16 Motor, indisch Rot

Schiebedach, Klima, Leder schwarz, Bilstein Fahrwerk, Dansk Sportauspuff

1969 914 Adriablau,umgbaut auf 6zylinder und 5 lochfahrwerk

• Ah, that explains then probably also that only one cable leads there and earth fetches it the small lamp of the body.

But funny design of the thing, you really think it must be a switch...

Viele Grüße, Daniel (der schon mal für einige Jahre im PFF war und nun einen neuen Account hat)

• But fits well with the whole somewhat haphazard distribution of levers and switches on the dashboard.😀

Greetings

1982 SC 3,0 US, 930.16 Motor, indisch Rot

Schiebedach, Klima, Leder schwarz, Bilstein Fahrwerk, Dansk Sportauspuff

1969 914 Adriablau,umgbaut auf 6zylinder und 5 lochfahrwerk

• That's right, when you deal with it for the first time, you are quite amazed at this concept

• The first 911s were quite simple. When new functions were added over the course of the model years, the relevant switches were installed where there was still space.

There was no real concept for the switch arrangement until the 993.

964 Carrera 2 Cabrio, Tiptronic, Schwarzmetallic, Modelljahr 1991
    924S (946), Indischrot, Modelljahr 1988
    924 Turbo (931), Lhasametallic, Modelljahr 1982

• Nix pushbutton, not even combined with the heating levers. There was in any case at least already in the early 70s.

This indicator ALWAYS lights up as soon as you turn on the light. This is something for the clueless, who don't know that you have to activate the heater to defrost the windshield.....

And just don't press on it, then it will either break apart or the little catches will break off. Then you have the fluttering stuff hanging around down there...

Beste Grüße, Wolfgang

71 2,2S · 911.02 · 915.02

73 2,4TE · 911.51 · 915.02

83 3,0SC · 930.16 · 915.63

Edited once, last by werinhari (August 23, 2023 at 7:21 PM).

• le_fok
    August 22, 2015 at 10:31 PM

...I also asked myself 8 years ago...

---------------------------------------
    911 SC, MJ 78, USA, 930/04
    944 S2, MJ 91
    Honda Zoomer Tokio Style

---------------------------------------