Test drive with a "fog machine" / engine revision? (3.2 Targa; year of construction 1986)

• PS. I drove my old 911 almost 1200km in one piece across Bavaria and back home again.

Country road goes with the Targa.

An equally long Autobahntour -- there is a Targa, closed not only "a little louder"..... -- unless 90km/h roll behind the truck....

A buddy of mine sold his (Targa) just for that reason.............. The noise was getting on his nerves.... .

But to the Targa volume -- we will not be able to reach agreement -- here every Targa driver understands this as an attack and goes into the ...... mode.

With the high mileage (I actually want a vehicle with < 200,000 kilometers) I had a major engine overhaul "on the docket" anyway and priced it into my bid,

I would be most interested in the statement how that is meant.

If I understand that correctly, then your "bid" has just been the mentioned 20k less as the "purchase price" -- do I understand that correctly?

Lars

This post has been automatically translated.

Nur wenn du schwarze Striche vom Kurvenausgang bis zum nächsten Bremspunkt ziehen kannst, hast du wirklich genug Leistung(Mark Donohue).

Im Alter wird man immer knackiger -- da knackt es und da knackt es...

Sechs 964er bisher mit abgerissenen Dilas --- 14(!!!) Ventilfederbrüche bei den letzten 5 Motoren! 4:3:3:1:3

Porsche 911 -- der Volkssportwagen...

"Hoffnung -- ist immer ein Mangel an Information!"

Wer restauriert -- verliert...

• RUf CTR wrote:

Country road goes with the Targa.

An equally long highway trip -- there is a Targa, closed not only "a little louder"..... -- unless 90km/h rolling behind the truck....

A buddy of mine sold his (Targa) just for that reason.............. The noise was getting on his nerves.... .

But to the Targa volume -- we will not be able to reach an agreement -- here every Targa driver understands this as an attack and goes into the ...... mode.

Hello,

I can only agree with Lars.

I drove 3 new Targas from 1970 - 1978 in summer and winter service.

All were leaky and noisy.

That one endures between 27 and 35, then was switched to the Coupe also after veto of Andrea.

911 SC, 9/78, RdW Coupe, Schiebedach, Leder, Sportsitze, Turbolook, RSR Felgen 9 u. 11 J x 15"

• My buddy's Andrea went along once -- after this "tour", my buddy was "allowed" to drive 100 comma zero % of all further KM with the car alone.

She never got in the car again.

Nur wenn du schwarze Striche vom Kurvenausgang bis zum nächsten Bremspunkt ziehen kannst, hast du wirklich genug Leistung(Mark Donohue).

Sechs 964er bisher mit abgerissenen Dilas --- 14(!!!) Ventilfederbrüche bei den letzten 5 Motoren! 4:3:3:1:3

• My buddy's Andrea went along once -- after this "tour", my buddy was "allowed" to drive 100 comma zero % of all further KM with the car alone.

Hello,

I know that too.

My Andrea even drove herself until 1985, then she stopped with the remark "You can drive the truck yourself from now on".

But she still drives today.

911 SC, 9/78, RdW Coupe, Schiebedach, Leder, Sportsitze, Turbolook, RSR Felgen 9 u. 11 J x 15"

That will be because of the Andrea, My Andrea is - despite Targa - 30 years along or also driven itself. This is a car forum here. For complaints about his (respective) Andrea there are other forums. ^^

Alternative, if there is no other way: change Andrea, keep Targa. ;)

I kept both for a long time, Targa about 30 years, Andrea still.

Greetings

Dianos

911 C1 Targa, Mj. 89

911 SC Targa, Mj. 81

911 2,7 Targa, Mj. 77

• Again on the engine overhaul. I would say in the meantime:

Love to buy an engine that needs to be overhauled, than a seemingly better but then also comes at some point.

Then it's gone at once and you first fun. Should be reflected in the price of course.

Bernd

911 SC Targa 1979, Tabac Metallic

• Love to buy an engine that needs to be overhauled than a seemingly better but then also comes at some point.

Then it is suddenly gone and you first fun.

Any "engine action" is NOT a license to rest and be happy.

"Rest" -- better save that word for underground.

Nfu, Lars

• We are talking about a technical product that is many decades old. You can't rule out problems with it, even major ones.

If you can't stand it, you should buy a new car with a warranty.

Even a reconditioned engine can break down catastrophically.

• We are talking about a technical product that is many decades old. You can't rule out problems with it, even major ones.

If you can't stand it, you should buy a new car with a warranty.

Even a reconditioned engine can break down catastrophically.

After the warranty is but even with new cars nowadays already over!

Then rather our old agricultural machines, which reach mileages of which new car owners only dream!

Gruß Ralf

964 C2 Tiptronic Cabrio Bj 91 LMM 220

• Moin, the 11er consists not only of the engine!

Alone the Odyssey chassis, front and rear axle, so that the 11er is clean at 230-240 will devour several thousand euros.

Then still the electrics.......zum Schluss the optics inside, outside then are quickly 80k together!

LG Martin

87er Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2, 991.2 4S Coupé Mod. 2017, 92er Porsche 968 Coupe, Jeep Wrangler JK.