718 Boxster/Cayman - The basic variant for Porsche (re-)entrants

• Moin, that's exactly what I was thinking. The basic engine is enough for what I do with it. When I bought it, I was also interested in theexperience of driving a Porsche. Meetings, drives, PZ and new people. I'm also of the opinion that if you're looking at €100K or more, you should look towards the 911.2 or even the 992. However, I have to admit that after the last few encounters I'm a little envious of the GT4. :drive: 8)

This post has been automatically translated.

• Moin, that's exactly what I was thinking. The basic engine is enough for what I do with it. When I bought it, I was also interested in theexperience of driving a Porsche. Meetings, drives, PZ and new people. I'm also of the opinion that if you're looking at €100K or more, you should look towards the 911.2 or even the 992. However, I have to admit that after the last few encounters I'm a little envious of the GT4 :drive: 8)

I understand that very well; there are many, many aspects that speak for it and at least as many that speak against it :)

A 991.2 for 100K was (at the time of my order, i.e. Nov. 2022) almost hopeless because you could get cars with almost 100,000 km for 90K +. The whole thing is a little better now. But ... an 11 is not a Cayman, the other way around as well... (driving dynamics, etc) from both the pro and con side. I was at an RRP of just under 104,000 euros, but for me the 11 was never a real alternative.

Personally, after 1,600 km (and only now in the "real" running-in phase), I'm a bit downhearted, as I have the feeling that mine is lame ... but that's subjective and hopefully it will improve over the next few thousand kilometers (I REALLY hope so).

For the first person 300 hp is enough, for the second person 100 hp is already too much and for the third person 500 hp is still too little.

• Personally, after 1,600 km (and only now in the "real" running-in phase), I'm a bit down because I have the feeling that mine is lame ... but that's subjective and hopefully it will get better over the next few thousand kilometers (I REALLY hope so).

It's probably the same for most riders... You get used to power (too) quickly, which is why this (in my view) nonsensical power inflation. (600-1000 hp are no longer a rarity among sports cars and 'fast family station wagons').

What hasn't changed (or if it has, then only for the worse) is the speed limit on public roads.

If I pass one, two or three road users on the country road with my 'poor' 300 hp, I'm very quickly in the 'no driving until the end of life' zone :wink:

...what do 600 hp do then??? :eek:

Personally, even after six years of driving the 718, I don't feel that the 300 hp is too little, the power delivery is simply too spectacular. :thumb:

On the other hand, in a friend's Golf VII (1.5 T / 150 hp) I have the feeling of driving a moving dune... I almost feel like I did in the W124 (200 D / 72 hp)... ]:-)

Porsche - everything else is just transportation!

• If I pass one, two or three road users on the country road with my 'poor' 300 hp, I 'mvery quickly in the 'no driving until the end of life zone' :wink:

...what do 600 hp do then??? :eek:

This argument seems very strange to me.

I'm also very fast in my daughter's BMW-116i (1.5 l three-cylinder) in the no-driving zone.

If you are driving in the end-of-life range, you should urgently slow down or (better) learn to drive.

I have also driven 1600 hp - and I still have my driver's license ... and now?

Yours sincerely, Tom

Acht Zylinder sind vier zu wenig!

• 300 hp from a turbo should never be too little, especially with the low weight. The rest is personal preference (sound, power delivery)...

Moin, that's exactly what I was thinking. The basic engine is enough for what I do with it. When I bought it, I was also interested in theexperience of driving a Porsche. Meetings, drives, PZ and new people. I'm also of the opinion that if you're looking at €100K or more, you should look towards the 911.2 or even the 992. However, I have to admit that after the last few encounters I look a little enviously towards the GT4 :drive: 8)

A 991.2 for 100K was (at the time of my order, i.e. Nov. 2022) almost hopeless because you could get cars with almost 100,000 km for 90K +. The whole thing is a little better now. But ... an 11 is not a Cayman, the other way around as well... (driving dynamics, etc) from both the pro and con side. I was at an RRP of just under 104,000 euros, but for me the 11 was never a real alternative.

A buddy bought a 991.2 Base for 100k at the end of 2022. 50k miles, not much equipment, base in every respect. Today, you'd be lucky to get an S for the same money, but both are still a long way from a personally configured 718.

• This argument seems very strange to me.

If you say so...

Of course, you can put every word on the gold scale... 🙄

I just wanted to suggest that even a 300 hp motorcycle is enough to not only keep up with the traffic, but also get past the 'wrong-way parkers' quickly.

How you move your 1600 hp is entirely up to you.

Porsche - everything else is just transportation!

• I bought a 2 liter style with pdk and 299 hp. Logical with the OPF.

Black leather black , inside interior extended paint black , nozzles front for the LED and lettering Porsche black , small stuff , sport chrono , LED lights , aurum wheels GT 4 style wheels etc...

Such a cash 80 k car

The model or variant has a lot of things ex works, air conditioning automatic seat heating steering wheel warm etc..

but you probably know all that.

Had a boxster T without a filter a few years ago. funny 😄

I missed the little fighter . and I define sports cars very strongly by weight, not as wide as usual today ...

I chose because it was an additional purchase between the Alpine A 110 GT or S and the boxster. The wife preferred the Porsche. Me too . Why ? The alpine is probably the better sports car, especially on a circuit. But I don't drive there anyway! So it doesn't matter . And on the country road I can drive the boxster open, and for a long weekend trip to the sea or the mountains there is just more space .

Now the short question . Has anything changed for you in terms of the engine? I don't care about the sound or the thing just sounds like a flat 4 boxer turbo with OPF. So what .

So it feels similar to how it used to before the filter?

I'm interested in the engines. The one back then drove great. Do you have the impression that it has stayed that way?

No, I haven't driven a current model year R (2024) with a filter.

And yes 👍. It's just supposed to be fun,

Is it still such a little fighter with the filter or does the filter rob it (noticeable, clock is not important to me) dynamics

Thanks for your impressions.

How do I drive , now nice until everything is really warm . Sport plus in . Manual gearbox and I shift gears on the steering wheel ... (all possible assistance is turned off 😎)

My wife in sport mode and automatic.

Why did I buy this? Well, it will soon be over. I really wanted a mid-engined 718 . And yes . I also have other Porsches. And other brands. It should simply be an additional car with the, for me, most beautiful Porsche interior and I didn't want to spend 100 k on it, country road, roof up and that's it.

The sound was ok for me back then and will probably be a little less so today. But that doesn't matter to me . It doesn't have to be loud. It should deliver .

Best regards .

If desired, the code will come...

• Do you already have it? If so, please send me some pictures, it certainly sounds like a nice Boxster.

I'm still waiting for my Style Edition. I assume it will be ready next week.

Greetings, Wolfgang

• Had a boxster T without a filter a few years ago. funny 😄

There is no Boxster T in the EU without an OPF.

It always had the OPF in it. Right from the start.

So you won't notice any significant difference.

Only the current one no longer has the flap system. That was standard on the T.

Der eine Gedanke der aus einem Werk ein Opus macht