Ticking in the upper valve cover area

• Hi Lars, thanks for the tip. Can I do this without further ado, or do I have to pay attention to anything? Can the Motronic get from it ne Macke? If a plug is not plugged?

I assume that it is better not to plug and unplug while the engine is running, right?

This post has been automatically translated.

Carrera 3.2 Coupe C00, Bj. 87

• Nonsense -- I've done it x times....

Nur wenn du schwarze Striche vom Kurvenausgang bis zum nächsten Bremspunkt ziehen kannst, hast du wirklich genug Leistung(Mark Donohue).

Im Alter wird man immer knackiger -- da knackt es und da knackt es...

Sechs 964er bisher mit abgerissenen Dilas --- 14(!!!) Ventilfederbrüche bei den letzten 5 Motoren! 4:3:3:1:3

Porsche 911 -- der Volkssportwagen...

"Hoffnung -- ist immer ein Mangel an Information!"

Wer restauriert -- verliert...

• I han not now read through everything; are then already checked the valve clearances, NW, rocker arm?

I would do first and if good then good!

Greetings Ralf

Gruß Ralf

964 C2 Tiptronic Cabrio Bj 91 LMM 220

• Yes, that is checked...

Can someone answer the two questions regarding the control of the injectors?

• The injection harness -- has 4 plug contacts.

IN MY eyes, this can only be so that both cylinders are injected in TDC fuel.

1st cylinder 50% injection amount -- and ditto 50% injection amount at the same time into the intake port 4th cylinder.

Lars

Nur wenn du schwarze Striche vom Kurvenausgang bis zum nächsten Bremspunkt ziehen kannst, hast du wirklich genug Leistung(Mark Donohue).

Sechs 964er bisher mit abgerissenen Dilas --- 14(!!!) Ventilfederbrüche bei den letzten 5 Motoren! 4:3:3:1:3

• The injection harness -- has 4 plug contacts.

IN MY eyes, this can only be so that both cylinders are injected in TDC fuel.

1st cylinder 50% injection amount -- and ditto 50% injection amount at the same time into the intake port 4th cylinder.

Lars

That's how I know it always 2 cylinders are injected at the same time.

The quantity is regulated by the duration of the nozzle opening and a bit by the changed gasoline pressure from the BDR d. vacuum control.

Of course, at thrust shutdown is not injected, nozzles remain closed.

From when exactly I do not know - think warm engine above about 1,500 rpm.

Gruß Ralf

964 C2 Tiptronic Cabrio Bj 91 LMM 220

• No, this is definitely not the case. Cylinders 1-3 and 4-6 are connected to two different lines. This means that all three injectors of a cylinder bank are always opened/closed simultaneously. I am even of the opinion that left and right are controlled in parallel, since only the TDC signal is used as a trigger.

• The injection harness, which branches off from the main harness, has 4 plug contacts.

How do you want to control two cylinder banks individually on the right and left?????

I don't get it.

• Always three nozzles are connected in parallel where is the problem ?

Look at the wiring diagram...

Whether they are now switched simultaneously or sequentially I do not know, but I think the two strands have been made simply for the reason to relieve the output stages in the MSG or to divide the loads somewhat.

If you drive 6 injectors in parallel it will be quite low impedance...

Gruß Udo...

911S Targa 2.7 * USA * Bj.11/75 * Motor 911.85

• At that time, we extensively measured all kinds of things.

If I remember correctly:

ALL injectors fire simultaneously. And I think it was so that the amount of fuel is controlled by the frequency (I do not remember exactly).

The whole thing is made relatively simple, according to the time.

One can at the pulled injection plug behind the engine, also well the valves externally "antackten".

This has helped me before when one was stuck. 3x tacked and everything was good again. One hears also clearly.

The four connections are 2x plus, 2x minus. And I think I remember that the control goes over minus.

Is again a long time ago :)

About the ticker problem, I've already written it. We had the valve covers open, nothing was to be seen.

No solution.

A few months later the ticking stopped and never came back.