Battery empty after one week; question of understanding

• Moin!

Since I wanted to drive me yesterday evening still a little hour or so with the speedster -- and then it does not start at all ...

There are now several threads about this problem. The main suspect is often the lock or the switch of the front hood. Do I have to search there at all? I would expect that if the switch was not in order, not only the light in the trunk would stay on, but the alarm system would also signal that something is not closed ...? Or am I wrong?

Also, does the trunk light belong to the interior light in terms of fuse?

Carsten

This post has been automatically translated.

Seit über 100 Jahren machen Autos unabhängig.
    Eins macht abhängig.

• First of all how old is the battery

Measure voltage, anything below 12 V is the battery discharged

Charge the battery until it has again about 12.5 V

Only then you can go on the search

• Hello,

If that is OK from above then,

Always to the permanent charger during prolonged standstill. The radio to the key goes out only after 1 week. Best still lock by key, then also the interior sensor of the alarm system remains off. Danger: The door lock microswitches are susceptible to failure, then in the worst case you can no longer get into the car.

My 99 996 turns off the trunk lights after a few minutes. If you still think it is, just bulb it out and it won't need power.

And yes, the alarm will honk once when closing if some sensor doesn't indicate the correct position. But that is usually the sensor from the lock of the center armrest, which is also alarmed.

Otherwise: Read out with the Piwis, then you can see which sensor is not working.

The problem with deep discharges is that the error lights in the cockpit come on like a Christmas tree and remain on even after charging or installing a new battery, with the strangest behavior of the electronics. In this case only a reset of the errors with durametric or Piwis helps.

Greetings

tkm

• The battery was down to 8 V. A three and a half year old Varta. I hooked the car up to the charger and the battery was at 9 V last night. Somewhere I read that the light in the trunk will stay on for a few minutes. It doesn't. Hatch closed, light dead. I ordered a new battery and hope that will take care of it. k:thinking:

Carsten

Eins macht abhängig.

• Hello,

I had the same problem this year with my 996 4S and with my 997.1 Turbo. k:shock

There were Varta batteries installed and have only 3.5 - 4 years fulfilled their services although always chargers were connected.

Was also not the quality I hoped for with a long life.

2 new batteries (no Varta) bought, installed and the fun could go on. k:good:

Good luck - will work out. :khat:

Greetings

MrBert

• To really close the topic: The new battery was inserted, with the Fluke multimeter I measured a quiescent current of 18 mA (!). I'm curious how long the Bosch will last now.

Carsten

Eins macht abhängig.