Convert to new radio

• Hello,

I had now for years the Becker radio CDR 23 and the CD changer removed. Now I want to convert to a new Blietooth radio from JVC.

The conversion climate control down was no problem, but the new radio does not work. I then immediately noticed that the supplied connection cable is incorrectly assigned.

Now I have to tsten again connected the Becker. Runs also on but there is no sound.

Have read that it can be on the CAN bus.

Can I reset the somehow?

Thanks

This post has been automatically translated.

Die Tendenz des Staates, mehr Geld zu fordern,
    geht Hand in Hand mit einer ihm gleichfalls eigenen Tendenz, es zu verschwenden.

• The 986 is available in different versions, with and without bus. What year of manufacture etc. do you have?

Greetz

Nach 320'000 Spiegeleiern kann die Kantine nicht so schlecht gewesen sein!
    Harm Lagaay

PS: Ich heisse nicht Greetz k:thinking:

• Year 2003.

There is definitely an optical cable hanging from the radio to the changer.

geht Hand in Hand mit einer ihm gleichfalls eigenen Tendenz, es zu verschwenden.

• Yep, this is a facelift with CAN bus. I would try to disconnect the radio completely from the bus, then you have no problems here.

Greetz

Harm Lagaay

• Yep, this is a facelift with CAN bus. I would try to disconnect the radio completely from the bus, then you have no problems here.

Greetz

How do I do that?

Is the yellow/green plug for the boxes?

Normally the boxes have a different connector.

• Your speakers are connected to the amplifier in the trunk.

If you want to install a new radio, you must either continue to use the amplifier, i.e. use the MOST bus, or route the speaker cables to the new radio or use another amplifier in the trunk and reconnect the speakers there.

The CAN bus does not matter when using a new radio, only station names are no longer displayed in the speedometer, provided that you have the speedometer with the on-board computer.

• Exactly, the radio does not need a bus. If the radio has enough output power you don't need the amplifier, then you could connect the speakers directly to the radio.

Alternatively you can try to outsmart the bus...

Greetz

Harm Lagaay

• I'm just surprised that everything I already had in it and had worked no longer works.

I have a same problem already often ergoogelt but never found a working solution.

• jackson0815

I swapped the original PCM on my 996 tt for a double din from Pioneer - of course I have Most Bus in the car; I didn't even try to trick that one, also I saved myself all the action with the various adapters. I didn't use the amplifier anymore, I connected the speakers to the Pioneer and tapped the speaker wires that go to the amplifier in the front of the car; I just put the speaker wires to the radio in the front of the car (it's easy, there's a blind plug between the gas pedal and the brake, pull it out and you get into the front of the car). So I have saved myself that I have to pull new lines from the radio to all boxes (doors, dashboard and rear). Everything works great - music performance is enough for my ears thick. Was a casual day action and good it was.

Boxster 986...verkauft
    996 Coupe...verkauft
    996 tt cabrio wls...und noch ein paar PS mehr draufgepackt

• Thank you for the information. Pretty much the same has written to me the online service where I bought. Only that would pull new cables. That of you sounds there already better.

Where is the amplifier?

Thanks