Which Porsche with appreciation potential?

• Hello all,

I need some support from you guys. :wink:

I have been asked for tips on which Porsche is currently recommended for purchase.

In my opinion, this is currently quite clearly the 996 C2/C4, as well as 997 (especially 997.1 C2/C4) and also 991. Against the background of the increase in value, mind you. Currently all Porsche models are to be seen in the tendency rising, but some will rise more than others, and I see that with the models mentioned.

I'm not quite sure about the Porsche above 100k Euro with a significant increase potential. In my opinion, it would have to be a special model here or a GT model that is not yet fully in focus.

Am curious about your opinions on this! :thumb:

This post has been automatically translated.

• Hello Andreas!

An often discussed topic here in the forum.

I see it similar to you - only I would not exclude the 997.2. Was not technically a significant improvement, especially the crankshaft drive and the first 911 with PDK? At least with the Boxster (987.2) that would be my first choice.

I would still keep an eye on a few special models or as-new examples of the Transachsle such as 944/ 968 (CS/ Cabrio) or 928 (GTS), but they have already increased so much in recent years that there is hardly any more room for speculation.

"TU WAS DU WILLST" (Inschrift auf der Rückseite des Aurin)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 968 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Camarossa« (30.02.2022, 24:03)

Aktuelle Pkw:
    911 Carrera Cabrio 3,2 (Gloria)

944 II 2,5 (Doreen)

968 Cabrio (Sandra)

986S n. Fl. (Kate)

986S v. Fl (Grace)

928S (Bruce)

Ford 20m P7b (Kurt), VW Fox (Fuchs), Audi TT (Annette), Maserati GT Spyder (Mariagracia), BMW E36 (Sepp), Mercedes R171 SLK 350 (Speedy), Ferrari F430 Spider (Ilaria), Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 Spyder (Chiara)

• Hello Andreas,

after the air-cooled models, the 996 models like GT2, GT3, 4S, and Turbo S are very interesting and increasingly sought after.

The exterior color is also crucial for the purchase. The 997 models do not have yet the potential to rise, because also higher numbers were produced. People buy a 997 because it is a newer model and the price difference to the 996 is not big or even the same.

That's the way I see it...what's rare is also sought after.

The price increases for new cars also pull up the price of used cars.

VG

Christoph

• Basically, I would also go by rarity. The big price question is of course always: which part of the value increase have the cars already behind them, which ahead of them. If you get a new GT3 RS or GT4 RS and have the necessary change, just go for it. With the older cars I would also always go for special models.

I honestly lack the imagination that all 9x6 and 9x7 suddenly rise dramatically in price. There were simply too many of them produced. Sure, 10 or 20 percent is always possible, but that's more "inflation" than value development.

Viele Grüße

Philipp

"Umfahren ist das Gegenteil von umfahren" :old: :old:

• That anyway, only special models and very well preserved copies have good chances of a value increase in the medium term.

Similar to today's classic cars - you can get a 944 for around 10,000 euros, for a comparable turbo you have to pay easily double that - although the new price premium was certainly not 100 percent back then.

The Mezger engines are supposed to have a special position - also because with over 400 hp they are still good today - the 300 or 320 hp of the Sauger already tops many family cars today.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 968 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Camarossa« (30.02.2022, 24:03)

Aktuelle Pkw:

944 II 2,5 (Doreen)

968 Cabrio (Sandra)

986S n. Fl. (Kate)

986S v. Fl (Grace)

928S (Bruce)

Ford 20m P7b (Kurt), VW Fox (Fuchs), Audi TT (Annette), Maserati GT Spyder (Mariagracia), BMW E36 (Sepp), Mercedes R171 SLK 350 (Speedy), Ferrari F430 Spider (Ilaria), Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 Spyder (Chiara)

• And how do you rate the 991 models? How do you see the C2/C4 991 and are there still special models with potential?

Difficult - and that although I am a very big 991 fan...

What seems to be interesting is already expensive today - so you have to buy rather unpopular models that you think will be appreciated in the future.

Just like the Z1 from BMW - hardly sellable as a new car, then suddenly interesting...

981 Cayman GT4 "Biene Maja"
    und Andere... :wink:

• Actually, you would have to acquire rather unpopular models that you assume will be appreciated in the future.

I see it the same way. The interesting thing is to find the classics of tomorrow. The current classics have all already risen in price - which of course doesn't mean that there's still room for improvement.

• Even the 991 will certainly eventually go through an increase in value, especially the version for the 50th anniversary, turbo, etc. Since I do not know how exaggerated the prices are already.

Basically I think the model will be very sought after in 20-30 years, last sucker, relatively light, etc.

What worries me through all brands and types also in the long term is the electronics.

And to put a car away for so long or to drive only sporadically still requires investment, these consume the increase in value then quickly.

Aktuelle Pkw:

944 II 2,5 (Doreen)

968 Cabrio (Sandra)

986S n. Fl. (Kate)

986S v. Fl (Grace)

928S (Bruce)