Buying advice 991S with PCCB brake

• Hello folks,

I'm just about to fulfill my dream of the Carrera S.

Now, after a long search, a copy has finally appeared which (almost) exactly what I'm looking for about 1 year. Few Km and 1 hand, great condition. Also the color combination fits.

However, one thing makes me a little restless nights since 2 days: The 991S also has the PCCB installed.

Well, nothing has to happen... but something can happen and then it becomes really expensive.

2 options I have already researched:

1. after damage at Rebrake (D) or at Redisc (SLO) have the disc repaired.

Here I have unfortunately read a lot of negative from Rebrake. Unreliable owner...discs not Standhaft after repair, thus quickly defective again.

About experiences, especially in long-term use after repair, I would be very happy.

2. in the event of a defect convert the PCCB to steel version.

Is that even permissible and what happens if one is involved in an accident and comes out that there was something converted?

...the Approved is probably also influenced.

Maybe I am thinking too much... but this is just a feature of my character which I can not suppress.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards :wink:

Joakim

This post has been automatically translated.

• Hi,

I have ceramic brakes in my 3 out of 4 boxes. Only Daily drives with steel😄.

Braking point and stability unsurpassed!

If track then rather not take PCCB. When slipping into the gravel bed, the PCCB can be shot.

Markus

• Well, nothing has to happen... but something can happen and then it becomes really expensive.

Just as an aside ....

I've been using ceramic brakes on ALL my cars since 2009. And I have NEVER had to change a disc out of order.

Of course, "ALL cars" also includes the everyday cars that are in operation all year round and also have to endure bad roads and grit/sand/gravel from time to time.

With kind regards, Tom