993 Targa - spare parts roof mechanism

• Hello,

I am looking for spare parts for the roof mechanism of my 993 Targa. Here in the UAE / Abu Dhabi especially the plastic parts age quite fast due to the high UV intensity.

Unfortunately spare parts for the roof mechanism (e.g. the roller blind, plastic guide rails etc.) are not available even through the local authorized Porsche dealer.

Does anyone have a recommendation / contact which offers such spare parts? I would also be happy to purchase used parts or even a complete roof mechanism from a crashed vehicle.

Many thanks k:thankyou:

René

This post has been automatically translated.

• There is a repair kit with the number

993-562-907-00

Search Google and you will find several suppliers.

Whether everything is in there what you are looking for I do not know, but I think the most important is in there.

The blind itself I can not find. A good saddler should be able to make a new cover for it with an equivalent material. Removal is easy.

Greetings to Abu Dhabi

Christoph

911 Targa, MJ 84, schwarz, Leder weinrot, US Import, 930/21

993 Targa, MJ 96, Nachtblau

• Thank you Christoph, I will order the kit. In addition, I also need the (long) plastic rails on which the glass roof runs. Do you have any idea where to get them? I may have to have it 3D printed otherwise. The 993 has only run 60k KM - the high UV intensity here "in the desert" unfortunately ages plastic and rubber parts quite quickly. Thanks a lot

• I can not tell you unfortunately.

Download the PET catalog here, find the right numbers and google them.

Porsche Classic Genuine Parts Catalog and Price List - Porsche Germany

Try it also with "." instead of space between the numbers and also without. So 993 562 593 00 or 993.562.593.00 or 99356259300.

Then you will find a lot of stuff. This is the best I can offer you.

Greetings

Christoph

911 Targa, MJ 84, schwarz, Leder weinrot, US Import, 930/21

993 Targa, MJ 96, Nachtblau

• Many thanks