718 Spyder RS owner/order thread

• When I close the window on the driver's side with the awning, it takes the edge at the top of the awning with it, which then snaps back after approx. 10 mm. Passenger side all Takko.
    Normal or botched?

Actually botched but still somehow normal. The roof warps slightly over time, I've had that too.

And then ? PZ readjusted ?

This post has been automatically translated.

Cayenne Turbo Coupé, geysirgrau-met.

992 GT3 T, achatgrau-met.

718 SpyderRS, racinggelb (bestellt)

• Rattling noises can come from the gears of the oil pump when the engine oil is hot due to torsional vibrations; with 3 ignitions per revolution, the rotational speed of the crankshaft is naturally not uniform, as the main oil pump is driven by the crankshaft.

If the oil is cold, the viscosity of the oil is higher and the oil dampens between the teeth of the gear wheels.

In Mezger engines with an intermediate shaft, this is even more pronounced, as the oil pump was driven via the intermediate shaft for a short engine length. When the engine oil was hot, there was a lot of rattling. But all normal.
    The same applies to the fixed finger followers. When the engine oil is hot, the damping of the oil is reduced and the ticking is clearly audible.

But everything is normal.

• and then ? PZ readjusted ?

I then pushed the roof outwards by hand - windows up - roof completely closed and drove a little faster for a lap. It helped to "pull" the roof back into the correct position. No more problems for the time being... But may certainly occur again if you drive with the awning only for a while.

• Rattling noises can come from the gears of the oil pump when the engine oil is hot due to torsional vibrations,

Are you serious Horst?

Well, the oil pumps I've taken apart so far definitely had 0 play, so the gears could rattle.

A few hundredths of a millimeter of play is normal for technical reasons.

If there is more, the pump is broken and there is too little oil pressure.

Gruß

AlBa

Member von nix - bekennender Nomad

• 994 What are you actually doing in this thread? Trolling again and again?

• It's a pity that PFF doesn't have the function: "Hide posts by this member"

I've written it before. It's crazy how some people put so much energy into things they (supposedly) find negative.