718 Spyder RS owner/order thread

• I don't know what you have. I've already ridden quite a few tires. The CUP2 tires are easy to drive even in 5 degree rain. The best tire ever in dry conditions and summer. At no time dangerous in the city country road or highway use. The tires are very good in all areas.

That's all relatively safe, you can drive the Cup2 properly and safely, some even describe it as good. But a PS4S is not better in the temperature window, there is no way around it.

This post has been automatically translated.

• I just got myself a second set of rims and put the PS4S on them, so I can change them at any time. Summer and racetrack Cup2 fall to spring 4S

• I don't know what you have. I've already ridden quite a few tires. The CUP2 tires are easy to drive even in 5 degree rain. The best tire ever in dry conditions and summer. At no time dangerous in the city country road or highway use. The tires are very good in all areas.

I do find that you can and do slip with Cup2 at lower temperatures.... I had just recently at 13/14 ° C.

Sunny, but on twisty terrain with shade and the like, the asphalt is nice and warm everywhere at midday - it slips here and there (especially if you consider morning dew etc.), which is far from the case with the PS4S, where you are still well served even below 10°C with the same driving style.

At least that's my experience with both tires - I find the PS4S and other tires significantly better than semi-slicks outside of the racetrack.

• I've already driven up to 180 km/h in Bilster Berg in pouring rain and around 5°c and it went surprisingly well, no aquaplaning. In corners, of course, it was a real egg dance, but it was very controllable.

I think the latest generation Cup2s have nothing to do with the first Cup2s 15-20 years ago. They can cover a very broad spectrum.

• The new Cup 2 and Dunlop semis are no longer so slippery. They just need to have a bit of temperature.

A little temperature is good.......

The Cup2 starts to work at around 70°C (85-100°C is ideal) and you have to be able to generate that on public roads.

Yes, of course you have to.

I wouldn't always rely on them in colder temperatures and certainly not in the rain. Semis in the rain are somehow always a dangerous egg dance.

In my opinion, the semis go very well with an RS Porsche, unless you're going skiing in the mountains.

• If I only (or almost only) drive the RS on public roads, I would switch to PS4S when new tires are due.

• I wouldn't always rely on it in colder temperatures and certainly not in the rain. Semis in the rain are somehow always a dangerous egg dance.

I think that the semis go very well with an RS Porsche, unless you go skiing in the mountains.

The semis fit perfectly on the racetrack, where you can get them up to temperature, otherwise I'm much faster with the PS4S if I want to....that's a fact.

• I've already driven up to 180 km/h in Bilster Berg in pouring rain and around 5°c and it went surprisingly well, no aquaplaning. In corners, of course, it was a real egg dance, but it was very controllable.

I think the latest generation Cup2s have nothing to do with the first Cup2s 15-20 years ago. They can cover a very broad spectrum.

That works just as well as long as it works well :])