718 Spyder RS owner/order thread

• Do any of you also have the semis changed by PS4S directly at the PZ before collection? According to the PZ, this is unfortunately not possible at the factory and must then be done by the PZ.

This post has been automatically translated.

• Jägermeister: I put on the PS4 S because I happened to have a new set lying around. The choice has proven to be spot on in the current weather. In temperatures around freezing point, wet conditions and even slush, you can still accelerate quite well with acceptable grip. The Cup no longer works at all. The limit range of the PS4 is significantly wider and can also be felt very well in such conditions. Compared to the Cup, however, you lose a lot of precision and grip in dry conditions. All in all, I think that the PS4 is a good match for the slightly softer suspension of the SRS compared to the GT4 RS.

• The cars all have to be registered and delivered by a certain date. There are always exemptions, but only for about 10% of the vehicles. Ergo, you are already behind schedule to build and deliver the cars so that you can create the maximum possible capacity for the small series.

In my case, the PZ has already confirmed delivery. However, I only registered the car in January (it wasn't a problem, even though mine was delivered to the PZ at the end of November - when the snow came here....

Fortunately, I have no (noticed) paint defects (plain white, no Weissach) and no complaints about the seats, seams or similar. - there is probably a wide range here...

• Is the PS 4 S from Porsche approved for the RS?

According to Horst 720S, the dimensions for the SRS/4RS are the same as for the non-RS and therefore the tire is available with Porsche identification.

Instead of "driving down" the cups first or then selling them shortly after getting the car, I would like to have the PS4S fitted directly. I asked the PZ if they would swap the cup for the PS4S straight away.

Even in summer, it's always damp/wet or cold on the mountain passes or wooded country roads. I think the PS4S is great and trackdays are also possible with it.

• Porsche didn't do that for me, neither on the Spyder nor on the RS.

I gave the cups away on the Spyder, but I leave them on the RS.

"Ich bin 74 und habe keine Zeit mehr, die ich an Ladensäulen verschwenden könnte" - Walter Röhrl

Edited once, last by Cortez: Fehler (April 25, 2024 at 3:58 PM).

• The new Cup 2 and Dunlop semis are no longer so slippery. They just need to have a bit of temperature.

• The new Cup 2 and Dunlop semis are no longer so slippery. They just need to have a bit of temperature.

A little temperature is good.......

The Cup2 starts to work at around 70°C (85-100°C is ideal) and you have to be able to generate that on public roads.

• I don't know what you have. I've already ridden quite a few tires. The CUP2 tires are easy to drive even in 5 degree rain. The best tire ever in dry conditions and summer. At no time dangerous in the city country road or highway use. The tires are very good in all areas.

• I don't know what you have. I've already ridden quite a few tires. The CUP2 tires are easy to drive even in 5 degree rain. The best tire ever in dry conditions and summer. At no time dangerous in the city country road or highway use. The tires are very good in all areas.

I wouldn't always rely on them in colder temperatures and certainly not in the rain. Semis in the rain are somehow always a dangerous egg dance