Radiator 996 turbo wls - it got me

• Sure, I understand that . I did not know that the coolers, which are of course three in your case, are twice as expensive.

Then toi toi that everything works out well!

This post has been automatically translated.

• On the difficult to understand pricing policy : Have ordered two covers for the hardtop. These are two cheap plastic covers. Cost the pair in black / gray just under 20 €, in metropolitan blue just under 90 🤣

Then I would have taken them in metropol blue in any case, are certainly particularly valuable. I paid 52 EUR for 8 lock nuts for the connection between turbos and Kats - these are relatively normal self-locking M10 nuts or so. Per gram we should be at the value of pure silver. But I have a really good feeling with the exhaust system now... :grin_weg:

996 Turbo WLS Coupé

911 G Targa

Geiler is' schon! (Marius 1983)

"Irgendwann mal" ist jetzt! (Jörg)

• And on we go:

Center radiator and radiator right (passenger side) arrived.

Center radiator - ok.

Radiator right - defective.

Center radiator was packed like a russ. Babushka; small cardboard box in the large cardboard box, this in still larger cardboard box; in between always padding.

This is how it is done.

Right radiator without any other packing material in a thin cardboard box.

4 holes on the edge of the carton are from the radiator mounting; hole in the middle of the carton is congruent with the damage to the radiator.

Detail picture downplays the whole thing - in reality it looks worse.

This is not how packaging and shipping works.

Defective cooler is already on the way back.

New, right cooler ordered from supplier number 4. Address of the supplier of defective cooler deleted forever - will probably no longer do business with me.

Hopefully, all this does not give a never-ending odyssey.

I will continue to report.

• On the difficult to understand pricing policy : Have ordered two covers for the hardtop. These are two cheap plastic covers. Cost the pair in black / gray just under 20 €, in metropolitan blue just under 90 🤣

Then I would have taken them in metropol blue in any case, are certainly particularly valuable. I paid 52 EUR for 8 lock nuts for the connection between turbos and Kats - these are relatively normal self-locking M10 nuts or so. Per gram we should be at the value of pure silver. But I have a really good feeling with the exhaust system now... :grin_weg:

Haha, that gives you a great feeling to have such noble nuts installed.

I basically don't save on my cars but for two so cheap plastic caps almost 90 € and the same for less than a quarter in a different color - nope, there my stomach turned. Had I known of course that the mice give me a 10,000 € damage, that would have been no longer in the weight. But I know myself, if the gray lids look stupid, I get the ones in metropolis blue anyway. Have noticed that many spare parts in metropolitan blue are difficult or impossible to get anymore :(

• Mega annoying to get something like this delivered :(

• Mega annoying to get something like this delivered

.....and rarely stupid to pack a cooler so.

Butterbrotpapier around it would have similarly protected against transport damage,

Boxster 986...verkauft
    996 Coupe...verkauft
    996 tt cabrio wls...und noch ein paar PS mehr draufgepackt

• Hi, I have the Hella Behr Premium Cooler 3 x sent back and forth... then I bought one still directly from the accessory dealer for 220e because I had no desire to wait.

Now I also like to install Nissens because the quality of Behr no longer seems better...the cost about 130 e the piece...

Good luck I wish

lg

• the cost about 130 e the piece...

Nonsense !

We are talking about radiators for the turbo.

As written before, they are at least 100% more expensive than for the normal 996.

Short example below - prices on the net differ by +/- 50 euros

Boxster 986...verkauft
    996 Coupe...verkauft
    996 tt cabrio wls...und noch ein paar PS mehr draufgepackt

• but for two so cheap plastic lids almost 90 € and the same for less than a quarter in another color - nope, there my stomach turned.

There are enough other examples. The bar where the hood release is installed, at the 996 / 986 MK1.

From the Boxster in black-grey 30€, for the GT3 in black around 200€. Totally absurd.