wrong crankshaft installed in Porsche 930

• Hello Thomas( Schulisco ),

can you say in general that too rich tends to saw?

Just for interest.

Greeting,

Olli

This post has been automatically translated.

«Eine Garage ohne Porsche 911 ist nur ein dunkles Loch.» Walter R.

911 430 3,2 87', Audrey

• Hello,

I would also check the zero position of the baffle plate of the flow divider. It could be that - for whatever reason - it is too low and the air sucked in without "full throttle" is not sufficient to raise the baffle plate enough to inject fuel. We had this problem from time to time in factory 1 at Porsche....

Greetings from

Frank

87ziger- G-Modell_Cabrio- 160kw; Indisch-Rot, Leder schwarz, G50, gekauft 2021 mit 56000km, Klima und DW1170 mit 200 Zeller KAT :wink:

• Whereby it must be said quite clearly that a properly moved 930 can have an upward almost unlimited consumption! 21l/100 km with restrained driving I consider (without own experience!) But also not in order.

that suggests but after too fat.

• but that suggests too fat.

That's exactly what I'm saying ... ?:-(

For me, this only leads to the conclusion that there is a pretty big air leak somewhere. Otherwise it could not burn the much too rich mixture without sawing and misfires.

can you say in general that too rich tends to saw?

In general... I do not know. But from my point of view it tends to do so. But there is also a lean jerking. Whether that can cause sawing specifically with the 911, others must write times. I have not experienced it yet. But I only know my SC...

Schnaufferle

The jam disk can definitely be misaligned as well. But before I start to work on a K-Jetronic, I first measure the mixture with a Lambdatool - before anything else and before I even turn a screw. Everything else is guesswork. When it is clear where (RPM) it is running too lean or too rich, you can then start measuring the pressures, etc.

It may be that the WLR can not set the control pressure correctly, warm maybe, cold not. Then messing with the pitot and ignition, then CO and LL....and the car is hopelessly fiddled. Then it may start well, but has no power and vice versa...and then the cars do also booze and stink....

Greeting Thomas

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche

Edited once, last by Schulisco ().

• Hello Thomas, but the Lambdatool only makes sense when the engine is running and warm. We had at the time in the factory with such error patterns pulled a nozzle and started. Without gas of course. If then was injected ...

Or the KPR bypassed and the pressure plate slightly deflected. Of course, it can also be due to the control pressure / WLR etc.. But there the engines started cold well, but ran like a bag of nuts.

VG

Frank

87ziger- G-Modell_Cabrio- 160kw; Indisch-Rot, Leder schwarz, G50, gekauft 2021 mit 56000km, Klima und DW1170 mit 200 Zeller KAT :wink:

• Starts times normal without giving gas about 10s, and then makes the spark plugs out, bet they are wet.

Well, that's totaaaaal easy on the turbo.....

Nur wenn du schwarze Striche vom Kurvenausgang bis zum nächsten Bremspunkt ziehen kannst, hast du wirklich genug Leistung(Mark Donohue).

Im Alter wird man immer knackiger -- da knackt es und da knackt es...

Sechs 964er bisher mit abgerissenen Dilas --- 14(!!!) Ventilfederbrüche bei den letzten 5 Motoren! 4:3:3:1:3

Porsche 911 -- der Volkssportwagen...

"Hoffnung -- ist immer ein Mangel an Information!"

Wer restauriert -- verliert...

• But they have already measured the gasoline pressure in the special Porsche workshop?

911 G-Model Targa 3,0 SC BJ 1981, RdW, 204 PS, 930/10, Motor, Getriebe, Fahrwerk überholt 2015, zinnmetallic, Pascha blau
    neu lackiert 2020
    Smart Roadster Brabus Coupe, "Targa", BJ 2005, 101 PS, speed-silver, Leder schwarz

• Hello Thomas, the Lambdatool only makes sense when the engine is running and warm. We had at the time in the factory with such error patterns pulled a nozzle and started. Without gas of course. If then was injected ...

Or the KPR bypassed and the pressure plate slightly deflected. Of course, it can also be due to the control pressure / WLR etc.. But there the engines started cold well, but ran like a bag of nuts.

VG

Frank

Yes, of course. At operating temperature - nope. I don't know how the mixture has to look like when the engine is running cold, but it is certain that below 11AFR / Lambda 0.7 a normal engine can't run properly any more...so I see such a lambda tool as quite relevant for cold start diagnosis. The things have a heated broadband probe, which is also relatively quickly warm.

You can also - without starting the engine - bridge the KPR/BPR/gasoline pump relay and switch on the ignition. Then you may hear the injection valves inject ("squeak"). At this point, however, nothing should be heard when the engine is at a standstill and the pressure plate is not raised...ok - if individual valves should drip, then you won't hear that either. Sure. But dripping injectors should not cause such a severe cold start, unless you leave the ignition on for minutes without starting the engine...

Greeting, Thomas

81er ex-US 911 SC Coupé, platinmet., eSSD, K-Leder sw., Turboheckflügel & -frontspoiler, NSW, Maxilite 7/8J, Bilstein Fw("SpoStra" - noch...), 915/61, 930/16 o.Kat, WebCam 20/21 NW, hydr.KS, Dansk 92.502SD, 123 Ignition, orig. Porsche SWV, Seine Systems Gate Shift Kit, Momo Prototipo m.Nabenerhöhung

„Nicht das Auto verdirbt den Charakter, aber wer keinen Charakter hat, sollte nicht Auto fahren.“

Ferdinand Porsche

• With the turbo there is nothing with "pulling nozzles"...

The nozzles are turned into the intake manifold with fine thread.

And the steel injection lines -- well -- more like C-pipe.

BZW just as stiff as MFI stamp pump engines -- or Golf-1-2 diesels.

From the complete inaccessibility I better not even start.....

On the turbo as far as screwing is concerned -- sheer madness.

Zero -- but also absolutely NOT comparable to a 2.7 or SC.

On the right side you can -- after removing the air filter box -- "somehow" get to the jets.

On the left side nothing works.

Ditto no plugs out.

Lars

Nur wenn du schwarze Striche vom Kurvenausgang bis zum nächsten Bremspunkt ziehen kannst, hast du wirklich genug Leistung(Mark Donohue).

Im Alter wird man immer knackiger -- da knackt es und da knackt es...

Sechs 964er bisher mit abgerissenen Dilas --- 14(!!!) Ventilfederbrüche bei den letzten 5 Motoren! 4:3:3:1:3

Porsche 911 -- der Volkssportwagen...

"Hoffnung -- ist immer ein Mangel an Information!"

Wer restauriert -- verliert...

• With a little patience and swearing, left more than right, you can do it.

Air filter box off, loosen the pipes on the flow divider, then you can move them on the single-pointed nozzles and unscrew them. The plugs come out that way too, of course. Then tighten the tubes at the top again, put the fuel hose on the open tubes at the bottom and hold it in an empty (coke) bottle. Push down the pressure disc and determine and compare the quantities of the 6 cylinders. The injectors themselves can be tested separately with regulated compressed air and isoproanol or similar, it doesn't stink like that. I don't have the values for quantity and pressure in my head anymore, but you can find them here. Up to a certain pressure they must be tight, without dripping and at high pressure bubbling like in fountains.

Doesn't sound so dramatic now, but may help more in a troubleshooting.

Greetings Marc