Porsche 928 in cheap - Hands off?

• Good evening,

as a fairly new owner of a 996 I stumbled by chance on the 928 of a friend. As I've always had my eye on a 928, but know what it can be for a Eurograb and have so far left the fingers of it, because I also can not do anything myself and everything must pale to the workshop. The buying advice here on the forum does not exactly encourage to buy.

The said Porsche of the acquaintance is a S4 Tiptronic from 1991 with 166k on the clock in black / black with full equipment and apparently well maintained. He stood now but 10 years and he wants to get rid of in for small Gled. What needs to be done in any case is timing belt with Wapu, air conditioning and all fluids, possibly the tires too. Because of the long overdue timing belt, you can not test drive the good piece.

What do you think, is it worth to pursue the issue further, or leiber the fingers away from it.

Then there is the question, which workshop can do this work and what is the cost of the above alone. I read these are quite good: http://www.autoaktiv-motorsport.de/, do you know more?

Kind regards

This post has been automatically translated.

LG

Lenin

Edited once, last by Lenin (May 3, 2023 at 10:16 PM).

• What is the asking price? "Small money" can mean many things.

10 year old coolant and also gasoline are already a problem. It all depends on the price....

Un saludo

Schocki :khat:

1987 944 Turbo, R.I.P. :pop:
    1991 944 S2, Kobaltblau, verkauft :kbye:
    1972 911 T Targa, Geminiblau aka "Shelley" k:ok:
    1992 928 GTS, Amazonasgrün aka "Das Phantom" :kyippie:

It's not the speed that kills you, it's the sudden stop k:secret: .

• Tiptronic was not available for the 928. Will then probably be an automatic.

Greetings!

Gregor

gregory_928
    Porsche 928 GTS, MJ93, Schalter
    türkis-metallic

• 16000€ for a surprise package - at Mediamarkt that would only cost half. Why has the car been standing for 10 years? Greetings Thilo

928 S3 32V 288PS EZ09/87 VIN WP0zzz92zgs841924

• 16k € is too expensive for potential permanent headaches.

Un saludo

• 16k € is too expensive for a potential permanent headache.

I had mi already thought something like that and will keep my hands off.

• The engine on our 928 doesn't like old coolant at all and standing around anyway.

The problem is not the price, but to sink 16k again. Such a car only makes sense if it is cheap and you can screw yourself.

I, for example, would definitely remove the engine from such a candidate and completely disassemble it. Only then you have a realistic chance to have a reliable car in the garage.

Un saludo

• If you can't do anything yourself, then it's better to stay away. ZR, climate and tires are only the tip of the iceberg. After 10 years Stanzeit is with some certainty also the PSD - pump solid, as well as electronics error. Renew fluids anyway, hard hoses, etc.

Mei GTS has stood only 8 years and should have brought a workshop on the road then the fun would have cost me for sure about 50,000 EUR. You can not believe what after such a long standstill everything breaks down when it is first moved again. eg power steering.

Gruß Ludger

Rettet die Grotten, weg mit den Schrottpressen

928 GTS Kompressor

(928 S4 Bj 89 Automatik) vekauft
    928 S2 Bj 85 Automatik Umbau DP - Motorsport
    928 S2 bj 85 Schaltgetriebe

• The engine on our 928 doesn't like old coolant at all and standing around anyway.

The problem is not the price, but to sink 16k again. Such a car only makes sense if it is cheap and you can screw yourself.

I, for example, would definitely remove the engine from such a candidate and completely disassemble it. Only then you have a realistic chance to have a reliable car in the garage.

Yes very nice, if you want to sell it let me know. :)