Does the Porsche salute exist?

• Good morning, dear drivers.

I would need a quick lesson in etiquette.

Am a new Porsche driver and have yet to get to grips with this huge responsibility. I think I have most of it figured out and am aware that you have to drive very carefully and not allow yourself to make mistakes.

What I'm still wondering, though, is whether Porsche drivers give each other a greeting as they pass, or whether they do without?

I still know this from motorcycles, where every motorcyclist threw a greeting to each other when passing. However, this did not apply to moped or scooter riders. How does it look in the Porsche world? Do you generally greet other drivers, or does this depend on the particular model, or do you do without a greeting altogether?

So far I've tried greetings, but got very mixed reactions. The 911 drivers, or Sport Porsche drivers in general, have all been very friendly and level-headed and have greeted back and smiled. Most Macan and Cayenne drivers, and especially female drivers, on the other hand, were rather irritated and just looked puzzled.

Would be very happy about your opinion on this and hope for clarification.

Thank you very much and have a good trip!

This post has been automatically translated.

• Man, you've got yourself a big burden, I hope you do justice to the Porschetum 😉

So in the country I greet two-door Porsche sports cars also with headlights flashing when it fits.

Would I do that here in Hamburg, I would have to turn on high beams permanently 😂

• Hello Fischporsche, I personally do not know any etiquette.

I always found the greetings with the motorcycle annoying, because you have constantly paid attention to the fingers of the oncoming, whether he greets or not. And if he did not greet, one was annoyed. So I left it and drove more relaxed on the road.

Now with the motorhome it's the same.

But if I'm honest, every time I hit 996 4s, my hand goes up briefly in greeting... I can't help it😁 Best regards, Martin 👋.... oops, again... ✌️

´Wenn du glücklich bist, versuche nicht noch glücklicher werden zu wollen.´ (Th. Fontane)

• I am happy to be greeted and often greet other drivers.

However, I do not make a religion out of it and some greeted also looks at a greeting like a chick when it flashes. :huh:

Greeting Bernie

• Hey FishPorsche,

this has been discussed here several times, you can do some searching. There are really 2 camps. Some rather do not greet, others do. I personally belong to the latter, if the Porsches are sports cars, no matter what age. I am of course looking forward to a reply :wink:.

Kind regards, Gery

Weiss ist das schönere Schwarz
    Gery
    ---------------
    Warum soll ich zu Fuss gehen, ich habe doch 4 gesunde Reifen.

• I am happy to be greeted and often greet other drivers.

However, I do not make a religion out of it and some greeted also looks at a greeting like a chick when it flashes. :huh:

Greeting Bernie

That's the way I do it. Whereas I don't even greet Cayenne, Taycan and Panamera drivers and have never been greeted, they seem to mostly not drive Porsche anymore for the same reasons as the 911 and mid-engine community. ;)

• When I was driving the Boxster or 911, I always tried to greet other Porsche sports cars.

I still do that today, but only a few people return my greeting.

When I'm driving the Macan, I don't actually say hello, I have to admit.

• I tend not to say hello.

I often have to go to Zuffenhausen for work. You don't do anything else in the morning rush hour because it feels like every third vehicle on the road is a Porsche.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

• My observation: drivers of air-cooled Porsches often greet each other.

964 C2 Cabriolet, Erstzulassung: 05/1993

• With the water boxers, the greeting has decreased, but the attitude has increased massively. The number of vehicles also increased considerably at that time. Thus, many drivers who simply did not know this "custom" came.

This has not improved over the years, not to mention the 4-doors.

Greetz

Nach 320'000 Spiegeleiern kann die Kantine nicht so schlecht gewesen sein!
    Harm Lagaay

PS: Ich heisse nicht Greetz k:thinking: