997.2 Error P0016; No values from cylinder 3 and 5

• Hi, I'm just about to read up on it.

Mmickey, you're absolutely right.

Everything I've just written has been put together by me and doesn't necessarily have to be correct.

The DME tells the alternator what the current load status is via the PWM signal.

The charge controller uses this to regulate the output voltage. If this PWM signal is not received, the alternator operates in a kind of emergency program.

This means that the battery only reaches an output voltage of approx. 13.7V, the base voltage, so to speak.

So this PWM signal is missing in my case.

Where is the DME actually located on the 997.2 Carrera? It is probably easier to measure the signal there instead of at the Lima.

LG Ralph

This post has been automatically translated.

Es ist auch eine Frage des eigenen Horizonts wie weit man sehen kann.

997.2 S WLS Cabrio Hs

• The DME is located at the rear under the parcel shelf.

In the convertible, this means behind the rear seats....

997.2 S WLS Cabrio Hs

In the convertible, this means behind the rear seats....

Yes, exactly - sorry, I hadn't realized that you have a convertible...

• Is it really that difficult to get to the Lima? Oszi there on the PWM line and see if anything comes out? Then you have checked the DME and the line to the Lima. If there is nothing there, you can go to the DME in the next step.

Otherwise it makes sense and explains why the voltage is bobbing along below 14V. Not good for the battery in the long term. If you want to do something good for it, connect a charger so that it can reach a low-wear final charging voltage of 14.4V.

Greetings

Mmickey

911 3.2 Targa Zinnsilber, Auslieferung/Erstzulassung Beverly Hills Porsche in 1984, Antec-Chip, 200er Cargraphic Metall-Kat

997.2 4S PDK/SportChrono Coupé Nachtblaumetallic, 2009

• I always put the charger on from time to time, and I'm doing that at the moment. Basically, however, you can say that the battery loses voltage more slowly when the vehicle is not in use than in the 996.

And yes, it's very difficult to get to the connections on the battery. You practically have to remove it. It's much easier if you put the soft top in the maintenance position and remove the cover in the soft top compartment. Then you should be able to access the DME.

LG

997.2 S WLS Cabrio Hs

• With modern engine management systems (even in the 200x's), the charging voltage is usually regulated according to demand. The more modern the engine, the lower the charging voltage in order to keep losses through auxiliary units such as the generator or oil pump low (due to consumption).

So voltage <14v does not necessarily have to be a problem...

Greetings

Michael

• In modern engine management systems (i.e. even in the 200x's), the charging voltage is usually regulated according to demand. The more modern the engine, the lower the charging voltage in order to keep losses through auxiliary units such as the generator or oil pump low (due to consumption).

So voltage <14v does not necessarily have to be a problem...

Greetings

Michael

That's exactly how I see it now. But since I get the generator/battery error and the voltage does not go above 13.9 V, I assume that there is a problem.

LG Ralph

997.2 S WLS Cabrio Hs

• The 997 does not yet have an AGM battery, so it is difficult to imagine a lead/sulphur battery wearing out in fast motion. Only came with the 991.

Greetings

Mmickey

911 3.2 Targa Zinnsilber, Auslieferung/Erstzulassung Beverly Hills Porsche in 1984, Antec-Chip, 200er Cargraphic Metall-Kat

997.2 4S PDK/SportChrono Coupé Nachtblaumetallic, 2009