My 944 impulse buy and the first questions...

• Moin men,

I actually wanted to buy a rancid 996 yesterday to rebuild my Turbo and then as a subsequent Daily.

Unfortunately, the VK has not reported back and so I went with a colleague spontaneously to a 944.

With this there is (as expected) some residual work but I could not let him pull for now and bought him,

or paid for it, Saturday it will be picked up.

Then probably questions over questions will arise (I try as far as possible to do everything myself on my boxes).

What I can say now, however, that the car vibrates very strongly when driving, according to VK this could be the / the gearbox bearing.

But then from Saturday, or next week more. Then I crawl there times underneath.

Since the Fzg will stand with me under the carport, I need first an outdoor Carcover (0815 is enough for me).

Does jmd have a recommendation, or can tell me what size I should take?

Thanks, and until the days :wink:.

This post has been automatically translated.

cheers

Alex

996 since 2o13 :kbye:

• to the vibs: look here

Viele Grüße von Thomas

991.1 C2S, EZ 9.11.12 "indischrot oder nichts" ]:-)

• Servus!

I once had an S2 Cabrio, where the previous owner has made only parts of the clutch new... Extreme vibrations - new clutch purely - everything OK.

From the outdoor cover I advise against - if the wind goes there, it chafes every time on the paint - which is never completely clean under the cover ... had tried this once on one of my 997 - polished for days *8)

Have fun with your project :drive:

LG OliB

• Hello,

It probably won't be the clutch, since it's automatic.

I need a cover in any case (a soft one).

Currently, four vehicles share a double carport, so sometimes the Arxxx looks out.

Since the 944 already has a water leak, it is indispensable.

So far I've been working with covers for three years and haven't had any problems (even on the plain black 911).

If I assume the worst and the vibrations come from the transaxle system,

is that easy to do by yourself ? How much are the parts or alternatively the workshop costs?

How do I check if the vibrations are coming from the transaxle?

cheers

Alex

• Hi Alex,

I can definitely not recommend you a cover: The one from Sailnovo (on amazon).

Although I bought the smallest size (4.4 x 1.8 x 1.6m), the 944 looked pretty lost in it. Of course, the wind then also made sure that the cover has completely loosened from time to time....

I would therefore advise an even smaller cover.

The 944 was with me only temporarily outside, which is why I have then not pursued the issue for me.

Many greetings

Hendrik

• Hi there,

The vibrations can also come from an incorrectly fitted belt on the balancer shaft or from the engine mount, if the fluid is out there.

is out.

Best regards

Franz

914-4; 2l; Bj 74
    924S 2,7 Modell 1989 (Vorserie)
    944 S2

• First of all, check the setting of the AGWs so that you can rule this out as a cause.

You can tell when the engine is at a standstill. If they are flat, it vibrates even at idle. Set up the headlights and shine them against the wall, if the light image shakes, this indicates defective engine mounts. If neither is the case, it will come from the drive train.

"Transaxleworld formerly known as Onkelsebb"

Porschefahren ist die vernünftigste Art, sein Geld aus dem Fenster zu werfen!

• moin alex,

i have my car-cover from movendi and i am very satisfied with it. it holds great, you can attach it with 2 straps under the car.

even with a lot of wind it holds. in addition, there are rubber bands in the front and at the rear. it is also waterproof.

https://www.kfz-schutzdecken.d…terproof-fuer-Porsche-944

if it will harm the paint? hmm... i have the 44 since '97. maybe it won't be noticeable with the paint:-). nah, i'd say it all fits.

ahoy and good luck

fabian

seit 1997 - 944 S2, Bj. 1990, Indischrot

• So,

that good piece has arrived home and the first question would be:

Is the display for the diff or the gearbox, with what I fill best?

• Hello, no one knows?

cheers

Alex