Maybe a 914 after all?

• Hello all,

actually I had registered here because I was looking for a 944.

After I have now looked at 10 coupes and convertibles and for a reasonable specimen but then have to dig a little deeper into your pocket, then came back to the original plan (even before the 944) for something air-cooled.

Last year I looked at some Type 3, partly with Type 4 engine conversion, which I was very fond of.

Long story... I have a 914 that I will look at the week after next.

It's been advertised for a while, in the meantime it's been taken out, but I think it's interesting.

What does the concentrated connoisseurship here of the car.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen…ocial&utm_content=app_ios

Restoration 2012, since then no rust, except for a small spot on the fender.

Technically so far everything ok, new clutch, see ad. Not the original color, and inside also not quite original.

I would be happy to get some answers.

Greetings Reiner

This post has been automatically translated.

• Hello Reiner,

I would rather invest the money in a 944. The 14er has m.M. too many inconsistencies for a "top vehicle".

E.g. how were the 5-hole rims realized? Why is the space of the tank painted black? Same for the engine compartment, keyword "hell hole" under the battery. How does the sheet metal in the rear of the trunk look to the lock wall? Usw.....

Take someone with you who knows 914s!

Greetings

Franz

914-4; 2l; Bj 74
    924S 2,7 Modell 1989 (Vorserie)
    944 S2

Edited once, last by Zengy ().

• Hello Reiner,

unfortunately I can't help you with the expertise you are looking for, nevertheless a few lines.

Basically, I find the 914 a great car :t:, but also the 944 has undoubtedly its merits.

Overall, both are quite different concepts and of course the 914 is again much more vintage.

As already written, an expert at the inspection would certainly be helpful, or prepare yourself as well as possible.

This of course applies to 914 as well as 944.

I wish you much success and can only congratulate you on the decision to oldies in principle. :thumb:

Greetings Bernie

• Short my mustard, check the cavities between A and B pillar in the 944, they can be rotten .

otherwise just look for the first time a classic car market, where the pitfalls of the desired model are explained.

914 I should better say nothing to, have myself pulled a corpse ashore, no matter is now pulled through :kdash:

sometime the again :kyippie:

• Thanks for your answers.

With the 944 I know in the meantime I have to pay attention, have also looked at some and driven.

To 914 tank area in black I have also seen, the 5 hole foxes are registered with spacers.

During the restoration, parts of the sills were renewed, floor assembly as well.

Also sent me some pictures, the sheet metal work on the sill does not look so prickelnd. Will get the days a few more pictures.

Since the Restiration but already 11 years ago and almost no rust is visible can be but from a fairly useful result.

Pictures of the battery area and the lock area tailgate I will request.

As with the 944, I unfortunately do not know anyone who knows specifically about the 914.

It was the same with the former, but after looking at 10 cars I am much smarter. Of course I don't want a made up corpse.

I found some information about the 914 on the web, but theory and practice is something else.

Since I have driven several 944s, I know how to drive one that is still in full possession of its powers.

Because of the rust problem I am also from the Type3 and away, because I thought with the 944 gibts the problem in the kind not.

Really rust-free was of all only one, that was then quasi a 944 S3.... 968 ex Japanese. But was too expensive, no convertible no Targa, no matching wheels and then still ne Tippse.

• How can I check the body panels under the battery during the inspection without removing them?

Are there anywhere here pictures of the places, also from trunk sheet what I can orient myself?

Or

Is there perhaps someone here who lives near Heilbronn?

• Servus,

just google image search and enter "porsche 914 hell hole"....

not for the faint hearted ;)

Greetings

Franz

914-4; 2l; Bj 74
    944 S2

• I have already done that!

Only how can I control this in the actual state?

• Look with a flashlight how it looks.

You can also - if the owner has no objection - lift with a jack at the engine mount and observe the door gap.

observe the door gap....

914-4; 2l; Bj 74
    944 S2

• Thanks to you!

Have always searched only for hellhole.

Then at Hellhole came good examples.

To what extent may change the gap dimension,

know this from my Type 89 convertible, diagonally raised the door barely closed.

If I raise the rear, the dimension at the top of the door should be narrower, or thinking error?

How does it look if I drive with one rear wheel on a curb and the other three are down?