Tires for 16 inch rims

• Hello,

have you been looking for tires lately?

Currently, on the pages of Bridgestone, Continental, Pirelli, Michelin and even Hankook no tires are listed with the size 225/45 R16 more and also an offer at the shippers and in the bay there is currently no. Even the Hankook, which I had before and which was at least quite acceptable, there is apparently no longer! :hilferuf:

Currently have the P-Zero and the rear axle is due soon, front axle probably still holds a set of rear wheels through. I can only find Nexen, Nankang, Toyo and Yokohama in the dimension at the moment.

Do you have "available" recommendations for "mixed tires" or general conversion?

Greetings

Rolf

This post has been automatically translated.

Wer die Wahrheit sagt, muss ein schnelles Pferd reiten !

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Die Luftgekühlten Boxer:

911 Cabrio MJ'87, EZ 09/86 in D, Basis 217 PS, + 200-Zeller Kat, + Luftmassenmesser von DME-Shop, + DP-11, + AN-TEC Eprom, H-Kennzeichen

R1200 GS, EZ 05/08, SR-Racing Endtopf, 1. Hand

• Hello Rolf,

based on the recommendation of Lars Ruf CTR I ordered a set of Kumho HS 51 for the SC Targa.

Front 205 55 16, rear 225 50 16

Driving impressions I have not yet.

Greetings Stefan

Note: the rear size was wrong and has been corrected.

alte Porsches:
    911S Ex US '76 mit Umbau auf 3,2l 207PS (Motor 930/21 mit Getriebe 915/68) - Silbermetallic, Schiebedach

911SC Targa Ex US '81 3,0l 179PS (Motor 930/16 mit Getriebe 915/63) - Weinrotmetallic

944/1 Targa '84 2,5l 163PS - Platinmetallic (bis 03/2017)

• There are still Hankook tires in the size apparently still to get. But not exactly cheap at the time. The were always so around 80 €. But in general it is with the tire combination 225/45/16 very Mau. I bauche also just this size for my Impreza Turbo but very weak what is still offered there in good everyday summer tires. X/

https://www.reifen.de/hankook-…5-225-45-r16-89w--8417311

:wink:

Porsche 911 SC / 930.10 Motor / Bj.1982 Pazifikblaumet.

• 225/45 R16

And the size has TÜV?

Nur wenn du schwarze Striche vom Kurvenausgang bis zum nächsten Bremspunkt ziehen kannst, hast du wirklich genug Leistung(Mark Donohue).

Im Alter wird man immer knackiger -- da knackt es und da knackt es...

Sechs 964er bisher mit abgerissenen Dilas --- 14(!!!) Ventilfederbrüche bei den letzten 5 Motoren! 4:3:3:1:3

Porsche 911 -- der Volkssportwagen...

"Hoffnung -- ist immer ein Mangel an Information!"

Wer restauriert -- verliert...

• I had also wondered honestly! I have the 225/50 rear on it so actually should also on it. §-)

Porsche 911 SC / 930.10 Motor / Bj.1982 Pazifikblaumet.

• 225/45R16 I would also like to have on it -- is like plate / bevel gear 8:32 instead of 8:31 ....

But then I would have 205/50R16 on the front.

Lars

Nur wenn du schwarze Striche vom Kurvenausgang bis zum nächsten Bremspunkt ziehen kannst, hast du wirklich genug Leistung(Mark Donohue).

Sechs 964er bisher mit abgerissenen Dilas --- 14(!!!) Ventilfederbrüche bei den letzten 5 Motoren! 4:3:3:1:3

• now do not scare me - where does the specification 225/45-16 come from?

225/45 R16

And the size has TÜV?

Hello Lars,
    no - but I have realized my mistake. However it came about, I ordered the wrong size and had it mounted.

Since the SC-Targa has no registration yet it is not too tragic - just a pity for the money.

I have asked a moderator to change my post!

Thanks and greetings Stefan

alte Porsches:
    911S Ex US '76 mit Umbau auf 3,2l 207PS (Motor 930/21 mit Getriebe 915/68) - Silbermetallic, Schiebedach

911SC Targa Ex US '81 3,0l 179PS (Motor 930/16 mit Getriebe 915/63) - Weinrotmetallic

944/1 Targa '84 2,5l 163PS - Platinmetallic (bis 03/2017)

• If TÜV would come on it -- then they would stay on it.....

Cheaper better start is not possible....

• Moin Stefan,

I had bought mine in the back with 255-50-16 on 7" from the USA via detours DK and BRD, but my TÜV buddy said no. He drove very well on red number. After the conversion to 7" and 8" I mounted the 245-45-16 in the rear and had it registered that way. But by the higher offset to the front, wider track or or he ran every rut after, so since the original 225-50-16 with 7mm track plates up and good is.

Gruß

Rainer

3.2 Carrera Cabrio, Bj. 11/83, Sportauspuff und KAT-100Zeller von DANSK, späte DME, ca. 230PS, 7"+8" Maxilite.

• I have also just bought and am very satisfied with the Kumhos.

Greeting Johann

First car Porsche 911 SC Coupe from 1981.

German delivery, 930/10, black metallic, without sunroof, turbo seats.

Car 40 years old - driver 27 years old :wink: