Porsche 924 circuit diagram wiring diagram electric windows

• Update 08.03.2023:

1. the strength of the fuse in the circuit diagram (location: upper fuse carrier, fuse 9) is incorrectly specified: Correct is = 25A fuse

2. the relay for the FH is on our car as shown on the photo in the attachment. Before restoration loosely dangling on the wiring harness near the steering column, now attached to the dashboard support near the center console for noise reasons.

3. who needs or wants to install new switches, should note the following: Please buy 1x the switch with E-No. 477.959.622 and 2x completely "normal" switches. Reason: The switch 477.959.622 must be on the left side of the door on the position FH driver's side (see photo). The other two make up the circuit for the passenger side. Why: 477.959.622 is the master switch in the circuit and supplies the other two "normal" switches with switching current, so that the function of the passenger window lift is guaranteed with both switches. Any other constellation of switch installation will not work or will always work only partially. The master switch also differs in its internal structure from the other two switches. Roughly described you should recognize when examining your switches: Master switch has inside 2 rockers with there additionally attached bent contact strips, the 2 slave switches have inside only 2 rockers, which are supposed to lie next to each other in opposite directions (you can recognize this by the bending of the individual rockers). This realization cost me a lot of time and close examination of the complete wiring harness, the switches and the current flow. But now I finally solved the puzzle.

Have fun with tinkering! :wink:

This post has been automatically translated.

• Hi there Sowirddaswas,

I found your interesting report and immediately had a question...

I have ordered a new set of 3 power window switches from Partworks. I am curious whether there is a master switch and two normal ones. (?)

The old ones all have the same number 477.959.622.89S / 03 8108 12. I opened all 3 and didn't see any difference in the construction...but at the moment

the driver's side switch for the passenger window is currently without function and the passenger side switch works...BUT:

One of the previous owners cut the wiring harness of the passenger window switch and reconnected it with luster terminals, only the redwhite

and red/blue are now on one terminal. If I put color on color, there is no function.

Apart from the fact that I can't find the relay at this point, I have to keep looking.

Thanks & greetings

Axel

• One of the previous owners cut the wiring harness of the passenger window switch and reconnected it with luster terminals, except that RedWhite and RedBlue are now on the same terminal.

In your other thread, you said that the previous owner had connected RedBlack and RedWhite. If it is RedBlue and RedWhite as you say here, your problem would actually make a certain amount of sense.

This is because RedBlue is the live wire from the vehicle electrical system, which actually goes to the switch in the driver's door for the passenger window (FS-BF) and is then looped through RedWhite to the switch in the passenger door (BF-BF).

In your case, the previous owner probably bypassed the FS-BF (driver's side/passenger's window) and fed power directly to the BF-BF, which means that it and the one in the driver's door do not work.

I've drawn it on, green is the connection that you now have but don't actually want.

Now it could actually be that the "master switch" is wrong or defective and therefore the signal is not passed through to the switch in the passenger door if the wiring is correct.

Besten Gruß

Simon

Porsche 924 2.0 (1977)

• Hi Cymon,

no, it's RedBlack on RedWhite...sorry. What puzzles me here about Sowirddaswas is the "master switch and slave switches". The switches are all the same for me...

I'm waiting for the post...they'll bring me the new set of 3 from Partworks. By the way, the relay is not there...I've already twisted my neck.

Greetings Axel

• I am also not aware that there should be such a thing as master and slave....

EDIT: my window regulators are working, maybe I can swap the switches back and forth for fun one of these days and see how the windows behave.

Besten Gruß

Simon

Porsche 924 2.0 (1977)

• The switches are all the same.

964 Carrera 2 Cabrio, Tiptronic, Schwarzmetallic, Modelljahr 1991
    924S (946), Indischrot, Modelljahr 1988
    924 Turbo (931), Lhasametallic, Modelljahr 1982

• New switches are here...all the same and it works perfectly.

Thanks again...