Buy Macan S (Diesel)

• Interesting and also for me just fitting thread!

I'm also looking at the market, albeit alongside various other alternatives. ;)

Gasoline has lower tax.

...and lower insurance rating.

I recently calculated this for myself with a Macan diesel vs. a Macan S petrol engine.

The difference (i.e. insurance ~100 € + tax ~100 € + fuel) would be ~1500 € / year per diesel, assuming 8 l for the diesel and 12 l for the gasoline engine over 15,000 km.

The argument in favor of diesel is of course the range.

But only really good with the optional 75 l tank. :headbange

This post has been automatically translated.

• That's my calculation too - hence the diesel. And no petrol engine has yet been able to convince me with my driving style.

• As an alternative, I find the Alpina XD3 very attractive and usually mega equipped and with a lot of bang.

• As an alternative, I find the Alpina XD3 very attractive and usually mega-equipped and with plenty of bang.

but it's still an X3 - you could also go for the SQ 5

• With the x3, you can't even drive on a bad dirt road, which is a regular occurrence for me. That's why the glc is out of the question.

• I currently have the X3 as a rental car here in the USA.

You can't compare it with the Macan at all. In one sentence: in the BMW you sit on the car, in the Macan in the car....if you know what I mean.

Macan is the benchmark in the SUV sector in terms of driving dynamics - I know X3, X5, GLC, Cayenne (not the latest model though), Q5, etc.

• Many things are possible...but if you can't do it yourself then it will be too expensive...so it's better to go straight for model year 2017ff

• Just buy a hand-held holder and a charging cable and you're good to go.

For normal routes, the 3 PCM navigation system will do just as well, and for everything else you can use it directly on your cell phone.

I wouldn't give up a good car just because of the PCM4.

Der eine Gedanke der aus einem Werk ein Opus macht