Buy Macan S (Diesel)

• Hello all

I would like to purchase a diesel Macan for everyday use. In my budget range I see vehicles with about 90 tkm. In particular, I keep reading about problems with the transfer case. Is a 2014 more problematic than more recent ones (2017 for example)?

Also, is the front cover oil leakage a problem on diesels as well?

And this question: Can I retrofit an original, electrically swiveling trailer hitch?

Thanks for your feedback and best regards from Switzerland

Marcel

This post has been automatically translated.

Beste Grüsse aus der Schweiz

Marcel

• Hello Marcel, I drive a MACAN S Diesel EZ 06/2014 has run about 110,000 km. In 2017 he got a new transmission according to PZ (previous owner). Also has an electric swing-out trailer hitch. Am super satisfied, all inspections complied with and absolutely inconspicuous. I am considering selling it because I want to get a "younger Macan S". If interested just PN to me.

• I'll just jump in here: what's the long-term experience with the S Diesel?

• Mine also runs smoothly. Last month, when changing the wheels on the platform, it was dry as dust from underneath....

pff.de/wcf/attachment/979534/

Gruß aus dem Herzen Deutschlands :)

Heiko
    #keepfightingmichael

Aktuell unterwegs im :

911 T

Macan S

Cayman 981 S

• Hello everyone,

I'm currently thinking about buying a Macan S Diesel. I would like your thoughts on two topics:

a) How do you look at the issue of depreciation in the context of the diesel discussions (which have admittedly diminished in recent months)?

b) I plan to drive approx. 15T km per year. According to my calculations, the diesel is already worth it (vehicle tax is twice as high as for a petrol engine, but the lower consumption means you save on the bottom line compared to a petrol engine) - how do you look at this?

• Re a )

Macan SD are extremely stable in value - because they have not been built since 2018 and can be driven anywhere in Germany with Euro 6 + SCR Cat.

Take a look at Mobile to see what is called for under 50 TSD KM for used cars with smart equipment such as LUFT, PANO, leather Apple CarPlay etc...

to b )

Although I drive less than 10 TSD km a year, the diesel pays off ecologically and emotionally - so much pressure and great acceleration with the mass - that with a good 8 liters of average consumption is unique.

an example from mobile

Porsche Macan S Diesel /Approved until 11/2024 as SUV/off-road vehicle/pickup in Schwannau (mobile.de)

• Hi,

Apart from the outdated navigation system, the Macan SD is a great car. Therefore, an outright recommendation to buy.

• Hi,

Apart from the outdated navigation system, the Macan SD is a great car. Therefore a smooth purchase recommendation.

Good - PCM 4 ( from MJ 2017) with Apple Car Play is already .... somewhat small display ... but fits ...

Otherwise, the overall package of a well-equipped SD is almost unbeatable - mileage up to 300 TSD km without problems - extremely low consumption - top driving performance and value retention.

If you want a really fast Tiger, you should look at the GTS and Turbo - for economy, just take a look at http://www.spritmonitor.de