Diagnostic device for Porsche

• Good morning,

Would like to get me, among other things for my Cayenne an OBD diagnostic device.

Would like to be able to read not only error memory, but also want to go into depth. I would also like to be able to read the battery condition and Evtl times a coding want to perform.

Do you have experience here?

Thank you! :wink:

This post has been automatically translated.

• Hi,

if you want to read and address "all" ECUs in the Porsche in depth, then you will probably have to choose the original PIWIS II or higher. (Unfortunately I don't have a PIWIS either, but hopefully it will be purchased one day).

If you want to save money first and are only looking for a device for the standard tasks, then among others PoCom, Durametric or Icar. Of course there are other devices but I don't know them.

I currently have PoCom and use it voprweigend for my gasoline engine. I could buy here in the forum for a reasonable price. You can do some things with it but not everything. Simple coding on some ECUs are possible but of course not all. E.g. switching off the start stop is not possible with PoCom. Battery condition is displayed by PoCom. The internal resistance is not displayed (but it can also be that this value is not detected by the ECU at all).

Have a look here in the forum. There are some experience reports and also comparisons of the devices.

u.a. here there are also addressed the diesel vehicle.

• All right, thanks!

Difficult matter. With the one this goes, with the other again this does not....

Let's see...

• Hello,

I have purchased the PIWIS as Porsche is now becoming almost unaffordable.

I will soon have to match a new radar system.

I will report if it worked.

Thanks

Greeting Carrera 4

• Where did you buy it and for how much?

• That was used.

There are always on Ebay.

Greeting

• But if you need something I can make it for you.

• I'll chime in here :), even if I'm a bit older!

Since I come from the VAG track, VCDS was of course THE tool of choice :)! Unfortunately, it won't work with the new "fat one" (Cayenne Turbo S, 2016)!

I would also like to be able to read things out (for the time being)... PZ will only see me to a limited extent, as I have an extremely good independent workshop!

Coding would only be "important" for me as follows:

- Honk when locking

- Mirrors fold down directly when locking.

I've had a look at Icarsoft. Probably ok for reading out on the road. Goes in the trunk and good!

Price is expensive, but full access! (I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to coding and I don't change any values wildly, don't worry).

Any other ideas on diagnostic devices?

With 20 people there are about 13 opinions :)!

Happy 2nd holiday!

Cayenne Turbo S, Tiefschwarz Metallic, Baujahr 2016, 4.8 Liter V8 zwangsbeatmet.

• Wishing you a Merry 2nd Christmas Day in advance

A good 4 weeks ago I took mine to the Bremen service center to code the reversing camera and unlock the parking heater.

My local workshop also uses VCDS and Bosch Tester.

VCDS showed my locked parking heater in the FS but unlocking it didn't work of course.

My icarsoft 3.0 also shows a locked control unit/module.

But things didn't go any better at the service center.

According to the service technician, my control units are too old from my 2009 Cayenne Turbo.

Since they probably update their Piwis regularly, it is probably more difficult to read out older models.

They were able to code my camera on the 3rd attempt.

With the parking heater, only errors were deleted but nothing was done with unlocking.

But without Piwis I probably won't be able to get into the SG of the parking heater.

Used Piwis was offered on eBay months ago.

But almost 2000€ is not worth such an investment for me with occasional readouts.

• The problem with VCDS will be that it is certainly labeled differently, even if it is "only" an inflated Touareg

Maybe you can get further with the acknowledgement tone with the touareg coding :)

Cayenne Turbo S, Tiefschwarz Metallic, Baujahr 2016, 4.8 Liter V8 zwangsbeatmet.

Edited once, last by Blue-Screen ().