Retrofit seat heating - how to connect?

• Moin

Since my seats are now going to the saddler, there is the possibility to retrofit a seat heater right away. I have rarely missed them, but having is better than needing. Besides, we're all getting older and a feature like that can be nice.

The upholsterer says sewing the heater into the seat is no problem. But then how or where do I plug it in? I'm guessing the plug under the seat is just for the seat functions. Where do I get the power for the seat heater?

Many greetings

Nobse

This post has been automatically translated.

928 S4 Schalter, mit GT Nockenwelle (umgearbeitete S4 Nockenwelle), EZ ´87, US-Version

• Hai Nobse,

the multiple plug under the seat is the right place, there is the original seat heater connected.

Gruß Ludger

Rettet die Grotten, weg mit den Schrottpressen

928 GTS Kompressor

(928 S4 Bj 89 Automatik) vekauft
    928 S2 Bj 85 Automatik Umbau DP - Motorsport
    928 S2 bj 85 Schaltgetriebe

• Thank you.

But now I have another problem. I would like to build the original switch for the seat heater in the seat. Unfortunately I can't find the parts in PET (online version), only at Rosepassion. Is it possible to convert the number into PET?

1) Switch panel P25396

2) Switch insert right P25395

3) Dummy cover P28969

4) Switch left P28932

5) Switch right P28935

Number 2 and 4 are no longer available at Rosepassion. Can't you install the switch insert left and right if you turn it 180 degrees? Can't you just install the right switch on the left?

928 S4 Schalter, mit GT Nockenwelle (umgearbeitete S4 Nockenwelle), EZ ´87, US-Version

Edited once, last by Bubba ().

• At Pet online at the respective models 911 959 356 etc scroll all the way down.

There you will find seats 944/968/928/911.

Is from 1985 a separate catalog

The Rosepassion numbers can not be converted, are their internal numbers.

VG
    Thommy

Porsche 928 RS MJ 1981 bugattiblau / 5,2L 360 PS GTS Fahrwerk/Getriebe/Bremsen

Klimabedienteil instandsetzen lassen und auf warmweiße LED-Beleuchtung in Originaloptik umrüsten? --> Nachricht an mich!

• Thanks Tommy

• Hai Nobse,

the multiple plug under the seat is the right place, there is the original seat heating connected.

Since the seats are hopefully next week finally ready, I have measured the plug times with a multimeter.

PIN 2 - continuous plus

PIN 4 - switched plus

PIN 1 and 3 - ground

Can I just connect the seat heater to PIN 4 and PIN 1 (or 3)?

Does anyone know where the difference between PIN 1 and 3 is?

Many greetings

Nobse

• 4 and 1 is fine Nobse. 1 is the ground for the seat heater, 3 is for the seat adjustment. But the ground is completely connected to MP IV. So it doesn't matter somehow.

The cross section for 3 is 1.5 mm, which is slightly larger than 1 (1.0 mm). That's all there is to it.

Un saludo

Schocki :khat:

1987 944 Turbo, R.I.P. :pop:
    1991 944 S2, Kobaltblau, verkauft :kbye:
    1972 911 T Targa, Geminiblau aka "Shelley" k:ok:
    1992 928 GTS, Amazonasgrün aka "Das Phantom" :kyippie:

It's not the speed that kills you, it's the sudden stop k:secret: .

• Hi

I have connected the seat heating to PIN 1 and 4, but it does not heat up.

I think I can only assume that all four heating mats are broken at the same time. One possibility would be the control unit, the other the connections to pins 4 and 1.

PIN 4 is for switched plus. However, the cable at PIN 4 is very thin. PIN 2 (continuous plus) has a thicker cable. Could it be that the current coming via PIN 4 is simply not sufficient for the seat heating?

Hello Nobse

• How exactly did you connect the seat heating with all three cables?

Please post a photo or drawing.

Un saludo

Schocki :khat:

1987 944 Turbo, R.I.P. :pop:
    1991 944 S2, Kobaltblau, verkauft :kbye:
    1972 911 T Targa, Geminiblau aka "Shelley" k:ok:
    1992 928 GTS, Amazonasgrün aka "Das Phantom" :kyippie:

It's not the speed that kills you, it's the sudden stop k:secret: .

• No, the seat heating only has two cables (+ and -).

As the seat heating only has one control unit on the driver's side, I had to lay five cables for the control unit and one power cable each for the seat surface and backrest to the front passenger seat.

But it is only terminated with two cables. I did not connect two further cables (+ and -) for the switch lighting. The switch is on the side of the seat, so you can't see the lighting anyway.