Flaps exhaust 996 4s

• Hello folks.

Am the Tom from Filderstadt near Stuttgart and recently a proud owner of a 996 4s Coupe.

The car is 100% original and find the original exhaust a bit weak for a Porsche 😁 I know I should have bought one with but it is as it is ✌️deshalb

Can any of you recommend me a klappen exhaust or sport exhaust?

Thank you very much in advance !!!

Greetings Tom :thumb:

This post has been automatically translated.

• Best Answer

Hi Tom,

Congratulations on the 4S :thumb:

If you want a significant change, you really only the original valve or what without TÜV.

If without TÜV ne option is and the original exhaust is still ok: Let nen bypass welded. Is relatively cheap and someone who does not know what to look for (or does not want ...) sees nen original Porsche exhaust.

Sound very cool, similar flap, but still inconspicuous in everyday life.

Original flap retrofit goes, but is complex and very expensive.

Many greetings

Tom

• Hi Tom 😁✌️

Thank you very much for your answer.

Yes to baypass I have also already thought.

Who makes something like that (company) find nothing on the net what the 996 concerns.

Original flap exhaust have not found until now.

Greetings Tom

• Ask Öttle, Illerkirchberg (near Ulm), who installed the bypass for me. He has experience and reasonable prices.

Greetings Axel

• Hello Tom,

have a few weeks ago a request for retrofitting flap with Tüv directed to boxermotor-dortmund.de and got the following answer by phone:
    If the 996 was delivered without flap is today (after a legal change) NO subsequent registration possible. No matter if accessories or original. The original system in the Porsche store is still available as a spare part.
    I will mount a sport exhaust and ride at risk. With my old Guzzi with sport exhaust without registration the Dekra man is interested for years only in the beautiful old motorcycle ;)
    Greeting
    Matthias

Aircooled:

Yamaha XT 500 Bj. 1986

Moto Guzzi LM IV Bj. 1987 (stillgelegt wegen 996;)

Watercooled:

Audi A5 g-tron Bj. 2019 (Alltag)

Porsche 996 Targa Bj. 2003 (Spaß)

• This post has been automatically translated.

• Ask Öttle, Illerkirchberg (near Ulm), who installed the bypass for me. He has experience and reasonable prices.

Greetings Axel

Hello Axel

Right Öttle is known. Will ask there times, especially since it is around the corner.

Thanks

Greeting Tom

• 99611198504 - but can not see if it is flap ...

Aircooled:

Yamaha XT 500 Bj. 1986

Moto Guzzi LM IV Bj. 1987 (stillgelegt wegen 996;)

Watercooled:

Audi A5 g-tron Bj. 2019 (Alltag)

Porsche 996 Targa Bj. 2003 (Spaß)

• Hello Tom,

have a few weeks ago a request for retrofitting flap with Tüv directed to boxermotor-dortmund.de and got the following answer by phone:
    If the 996 was delivered without flap is today (after a legal change) NO subsequent registration possible. No matter if accessories or original. The original system in the Porsche store is still available as a spare part.
    I will mount a sport exhaust and ride at risk. With my old Guzzi with sport exhaust without registration the Dekra man is interested for years only in the beautiful old motorcycle ;)
    Greeting
    Matthias

What is this for ne law change, since when is this valid?

I would be really interested in the legal basis.

Fact is: For the retrofit of the flap system there is a parts certificate from Porsche. With it, any forest and meadows expert can check (so also KÜS etc.) and with the certificate you get the change registered at the registration office.

Has worked for me about 1.5 years ago without any problems.

So the parts certificate should have been declared invalid and the inspector should also know about it?

Or there is a general ban on modifications to the exhaust (possibly in conjunction with raising the limit for the stationary noise?) Of which the inspector must know?

...then it can still work to go to one who knows nothing about it. :])

Doesn't make it more legal in the end, but someone has to prove that the registration was done "too late". You don't have to carry the test report with you.

• [...]

99611198504 - but can't tell if it's flap right now....

Yes, is flap.

There is a complete retrofit kit: https://www.9fy.de/shop/porsch…-99611198504-99611198404/

When I was looking for it at the time it was not available anywhere, I would be surprised if you can get it anywhere.

There was also in the Porsche Online Shop, but I can no longer find it there.

As a spare part now costs a single muffler almost as much as the complete conversion kit ...