Ban on charging electric cars?

• Before you turn off charging options, it's certainly the industry's turn.

Then you can drive to the workplace with the electric car, which no longer exists?

This post has been automatically translated.

• Before you turn off charging options, it's certainly the industry's turn.

Then one can drive with the electric car to the job, which does not exist any more?

How do we do that with the gas consumption again exactly?

• By the way: Many grid replacement power plants are operated with heating oil or diesel. They are also connected to the grid very quickly.

No, they usually run on gas.

991.1 Carrera s Cabrio

BMW M340d x Drive

BMW X1 2,3d x Drive (Andrea)

MB Marco o Polo 300d 4 matic

• Funny, the ones I look after run on oil. However, they also have gas turbines for propulsion. Maybe that's what you mean?

But I'm also an idiot, because I only do mineral oil. :kdash:

• Of course, there are gas turbines that can burn oil as well as gas. But oil is only a back-up fuel, because it is inefficient and produces more CO2 emissions.

By the way, I can sell you the gas turbines if you are interested. :wink:

Greetings

Peter

991.1 Carrera s Cabrio

BMW M340d x Drive

• Gas turbines

And I always thought a gas turbine has nothing to do with which fuel it is operated with, but is only called gas turbine because it is operated with approx. 1500degrees hot gas. In contrast to a steam turbine with supersaturated steam.

• No. A gas turbine is called that because it is normally fired with NG (natural gas) or LNG.

And it is not the gas/oxygen mixture that has 1500 degrees, but the exhaust gas jet.

But this is going too far and enough OT now.

991.1 Carrera s Cabrio

BMW M340d x Drive

• Of course, there are gas turbines that can burn oil as well as gas. But oil is only a back-up fuel, because it is inefficient and produces more CO2 emissions.

By the way, I can sell you the gas turbines if you are interested. :wink:

Greetings

Peter

Exactly this is what they have here in CH for backup purposes and the so called dual fuel plants (can burn gas but also diesel) store large amounts of diesel, just for this scenario.

And yes, if there is a "power shortage", you are not allowed to drive around with your e-car here in CH for fun.

• No. A gas turbine is called that because it is normally fired with NG (natural gas) or LNG.

And it is not the gas/oxygen mixture that has 1500 degrees, but the exhaust gas jet.

But this is too far and enough OT now.

unfortunately not but I leave you in your belief 🤩

• The south is not expanding renewable energies strongly enough, but consumes a lot of electricity because some industry is located there. The grid operators have a problem to transport the wind power from north to south, there is no need to doubt anything. Bavaria has also actively torpedoed the power line and it is now more expensive because the route must go underground. You could generate more electricity in the south yourself, but that's another topic.

And no, the lights do not go out (large-scale) by the hour. Feel free to quote me when the time comes. Truisms really don't get us anywhere here. Please inform yourselves.

Perhaps we can agree that the design of the energy transition with and without the Ukraine war was complete rubbish and those responsible, from the "maximum one ice cream a month" Trittin to "we don't have an electricity problem" Habeck should be held accountable.