Porsche Boxster Style Edition

• I took the liberty of searching on mobile.de for "Boxster STYLE" only.

More new vehicles are added daily from the PZs. We are already well over 100 🤔

And more than half over €100,000 🙈

But Taycans are supposed to be slow sellers, yeah no, that's for sure :lol:

The T-versions of the 718 with retail prices of over €80k in some cases were already overpriced and were standing on square tires in the PZ. The Style Edition for +100k€ tops that by far! This will hurt the respective PZ's for a long time and can only be handled by depreciation, hence the registrations.

This post has been automatically translated.

Viele Grüße aus dem Nordwesten,
    Torsten
    -----------------------------------------

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page”
    (Saint Augustine)

• ... a demonstration car that can no longer be ordered? Interesting concept.

What is supposed to be an interesting concept?

When the Style Edition special equipment line became available, every car center in Germany probably had one, if not two examples on site, in the showroom and/or as a demonstrator/workshop replacement vehicle. And these are now being sold off.

Greetings, Wolfgang

The Munich South service center is currently offering 5 (FIVE!) Boxster Style Editions as NEW cars, so they certainly can't have been demonstrators/replacement vehicles, otherwise they would no longer be new cars.

And this dealership certainly didn't have 5 SEs as exhibition vehicles.

The SE is unfortunately quite a flop, you have to admit that, as a vehicle with the corresponding options, especially the Spyder rims, certainly not uninteresting, but unfortunately completely overpriced.

And this is now falling on the PZ's feet.

987S 2010-2015, 981S 2015-2021, Boxster 25 Jubi ab 19. JULI 2021 :thumbsup:

• Unfortunately, the SE is quite a flop, you have to admit that, as a vehicle with the corresponding options, especially the Spyder rims, it is certainly not uninteresting, but unfortunately the price is completely excessive.

The change in production of the 718 to Osnabrück has freed up a lot of capacity.

Due to the previous delivery bottleneck for all Porsche two-doors, the VW plant simply produced what it could, full steam ahead!

A few months earlier, the Porsche dealerships had no 718 in their yards, there was a high demand and accordingly there is now a high quota allocation. Like a wave.

Unfortunately, the order has been issued to exhaust the configurations with special options to the pain threshold because Zuffenhausen can't get their necks full enough.

Let's see how they want to sell all these 100k€ vehicles.

The Style Edition is otherwise a very fine 718 special model.

• Every PZ also had the obligation to take delivery of 718 SEs. I'll bet a few of them will be workshop replacement cars and then sold as used cars at a discount.

• The Munich South Service Center is currently offering 5 (FIVE!) Boxster Style Editions as NEW cars, so they certainly can't have been demonstrators/replacement vehicles, otherwise they wouldn't be new cars any more.

And this dealership certainly didn't have 5 SEs as exhibition vehicles.

The SE is unfortunately quite a flop, you have to admit that, as a vehicle with the corresponding options, especially the Spyder rims, certainly not uninteresting, but unfortunately completely overpriced.

And this is now falling on the PZ's feet.

I don't know why PZ München Süd has so many Boxster Style Editions on offer as new vehicles. In any case, the Nuremberg, Fürth and Erlangen service centers don't have a single new SE car on offer, and the two large Hamburg and Hamburg North-West service centers only have three.

Whether you can deduce from this that the Style Edition is quite a flop, I dare to doubt. But you're welcome to interpret it that way. I have no problem with that.

Edit: I've just tried the PAG new car search, Munich South offers 4 new Boxster Style Edition cars, not 5.

• So I can just count to 5, and there are exactly 5 on the PZ homepage, priced as follows:

85174/93974/96634/98740/100525.

There is also a Cayman Style Edition.

But regardless of whether there are 4 or 5, it is quite obvious that there is a massive oversupply here.

• Unfortunately, you don't seem to be able to do this, or you have overlooked the fact that the Munich South and the Munich center are physically two separate buildings. There are 4 in PZ München Süd and one in PZ München.

• I can just about count to 5, and there are exactly 5 on the PZ homepage, priced as follows:

85174/93974/96634/98740/100525.

There is also a Cayman Style Edition.

But regardless of whether there are 4 or 5, it is quite obvious that there is a massive oversupply here.

Unfortunately, you don't seem to be able to do this, or you have overlooked the fact that the Munich South and the Munich center are physically two separate buildings. There are 4 in PZ München Süd and one in PZ München.

How I love having this right... :wink:

But as I said, regardless of whether it's 4, 5 or 47, this model is obviously not being snatched out of the PZ's hands, for whatever reason.

I have always emphasized that the model itself is actually not wrong, not my problem if you feel addressed here in whatever way.

But somehow you have to keep the number of posts high here :hilferuf:

• This model is obviously not being snatched out of the PZ's hands, for whatever reason.

Because the currently available 718 Style Editions were preconfigured far too expensively.

It would have been easier to configure all of them <80k€ is my guess.

But it's 'pickle time' anyway.

• This model is obviously not being snatched out of the PZ's hands, for whatever reason.

Because the currently available 718 Style Editions were preconfigured far too expensively.

It would have been easier to configure all of them <80k€ is my guess.

But it's 'pickle time' anyway.

That's exactly how I see it. On the one hand, the basic price is no longer a bargain, and then to configure 25k or 30k in quite dubiously "sensible" accessories, you don't have to be surprised.