Puddle (centered) after exit - climate? Coolant?

• Meal together,

Hope you can all enjoy the sunny weather!

After I have made the first trips in my first Porsche(996 4S), I noticed that after almost every trip in the garage a small puddle arises centrally under the car (rather slightly towards the front axle, but centrally). In the first step directly worried, but could actually gradually rule out all the usual suspects - especially since it is in my eyes clear water what comes out of there (virtually odorless and tasteless): Coolant (bright pink for me) is above the MIN value (even if I could not discover a MAX indicator), hydraulic oil or other it is also not. But 100% I can not rule it out.

Uploaded a video to show the exact location where it is dripping.

My guess is that it is simply condensed water from the air conditioning? Anyone have experience with this or a better idea?

A thousand thanks in advance for any replies! :thumbup-alternative:

This post has been automatically translated.

• Was the air conditioner on? If so, then it really should be condensation water from the evaporator.

• Yes, the air conditioning was on. If it really comes from the air conditioning, some 996 drivers should report similar things here. :thumbup-alternative:

Will drive tomorrow just times a round without air conditioning and then look again + keep an eye on the coolant etc..

• By the way, the max mark when the coolant is cold is the edge on the tank.

• This is condensation from the air conditioning and is completely normal.

When the outside temperature is high and the air conditioning is on, my 997 also drips a lot. :])

VG

Andi

997.1 Carrera S Cabrio mit allem, was man zum offen cruisen brauchtk:beach::
    Tipse, Saga, Sitzheizung & PCCM+

• Yes, I can also confirm so, is only condeswasser of the climate, has mine (996 C2 vFL) also with switched on climate.

Greetings, Denis

• He was just marking his territory

That is condensation water from the air conditioning and completely normal.

At high outside temperatures and switched on climate my 997 also drips neatly :])

VG

Andi

• If you turn off the air conditioner 2 km before your arrival, there will be no condensation and you will also prevent germination, the cause of bad smell of the ventilation.

• If you turn off the air conditioner 2 km before you arrive, there will be no condensation and you also prevent germination, the cause of bad smell of the ventilation.

This is exactly how I do it with my cars.

In my wife's 2017 Audi A4, it's absolutely mandatory. The car is extremely susceptible to mold.