high temperature fuse fuel pump, jumps out

• I have them replaced. Then there should be peace for the time being:)

Hello,

we drive old iron.

Since one should not rely on your " quote" necessarily.

MfG Volker

This post has been automatically translated.

911 Carrera Coupe; Bj 1986; US Version; 3,2; 207 PS; ---- der wurde das Ersatzfahrzeug für den Karmann GF Buggy

1303 Cabrio Bj 1978

Neuerdings noch einen 4 Zylinder Wasserkocher. VW Polo 86 c Bj. 1987 1000 ccm 44 PS ein gewaltiger Hammer.

• Check the BP first.

Take a multimeter, switch it to "Ampere" and connect it in series with the fuel pump line.

Take out the fuse for the fuel pump and connect the black and red clamps to the two respective clamps where the fuse was previously held.

Start the engine and see how many amps the BP draws.

And does the BP make any other noise? If it sounds too much out of the ordinary when the pump starts up then it really is an indication of a faulty BP.

But anyway, ... without checking yourself beforehand, the workshop will gladly install a new one for you directly, without a check on their side - you can't earn better and faster.

Alles über den 3.0 US SC Motor 930.16 und viel mehr unter:

https://nineelevenheaven.wordpress.com/

- 911 SC 3.0, USA Bj 82, unischwarz, SSIs, eigens entwickelte digitale Lambdaregelung sowie elektronische Kennfeld-gesteuerte Zündung
    - VW Oval-Käfer Export, Bj 1955, 30PS, Stratosilber
    - VW Brezel-Käfer, Bj 1950, 24,5 PS, Grau, orig. Philips Elomar Radio

• Moin,

just before my fuel pump burned out, I noticed that after each trip the fuel pump relay (red) was getting warmer. I always have it in my hand, because to park I change the relay with a broken part ( small additional anti-theft device).

Two weeks later I broke down on the highway at night. After installing a new pump, the relay is much cooler again.

:pfeil: the pump draws, before it says goodbye to the eternal hunting grounds, more and more current

:pfeil: I would replace the pump as a preventive measure

fokke

---------------------------------------
    911 SC, MJ 78, USA, 930/04
    944 S2, MJ 91
    Honda Zoomer Tokio Style

---------------------------------------

• Check the BP first.

Take a multimeter, switch it to "amps" and connect it in series with the fuel pump line.

Start the engine and see how many amps the BP draws.

Checking is always good, but the BP is fused at 25 amps on the 3.2. It will probably be similar on the 930.

I wonder if a conventional multimeter will do? Mine can max. 10 A.

Greetings

Dianos

911 C1 Targa, Mj. 89

911 SC Targa, Mj. 81

911 2,7 Targa, Mj. 77

• Now that's an anti-theft device :) In fact, the pump does not look good...it could even be the first installed....

• If the area around the fuse gets so warm, I would definitely check the contacts there and clean them. Then observe again.

Beste Grüße, Wolfgang

71 2,2S · 911.02 · 915.02

73 2,4TE · 911.51 · 915.02

83 3,0SC · 930.16 · 915.63