high temperature fuse fuel pump, jumps out

• Hello all,

on my 930 BJ1983 the described fuse has blown 2x within 2-3 hours.

This is after almost 2000km the first technical "problem" with the 930. After that I could drive another 300km without any problems.

Basically, the temperature at the fuse is very high, you could certainly burn your fingers there:) All other fuses are relatively cool. Maybe this makes it just a matter of time before it happens again.

I have tried to read up on the forum and know that it can also be related to the fuel pump or the wiring.

How is the temp from the fuel pump fuse in your area?

LG,

O77

This post has been automatically translated.

• What do the contacts of the fuse holder look like? Maybe clean them and make them bright again.

Greetings

1982 SC 3,0 US, 930.16 Motor, indisch Rot

Schiebedach, Klima, Leder schwarz, Bilstein Fahrwerk, Dansk Sportauspuff

1969 914 Adriablau,umgbaut auf 6zylinder und 5 lochfahrwerk

• What do the contacts of the fuse holder look like? Maybe clean them and make them bright again.

Greetings

I would describe the condition as clean and inconspicuous. However, I will clean them when I get the chance.

• When the fuse blows, a consumer draws too much current. This has nothing to do with the contacts. First check whether the correct fuse is in place and then check the connected consumers, in this case the fuel pump.

Probably the pump has been slow to blow, which is why it is drawing too much current.

Greetz

Nach 320'000 Spiegeleiern kann die Kantine nicht so schlecht gewesen sein!
    Harm Lagaay

PS: Ich heisse nicht Greetz k:thinking:

• High contact resistances can very well lead to heating of the conductor/contact point and possibly also cause fires.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=…Vaw3jSroQbI8g6oBEihZ0pIL3

The fuel pump can of course also be the cause, but is initially harder to check al s times to look at the contacts.

Greetings

• With the multimeter you can also measure the current of the pump in operation.

I think it should be around 6-8 amps, but I don't really know for sure.

Greetings

• When the fuse blows, a consumer draws too much current. This has nothing to do with the contacts. First check whether the correct fuse is in place and then check the connected consumers, in this case the fuel pump.

Probably the pump has been slow to blow, which is why it is drawing too much current.

Greetz

That's my guess too...I'll have it looked at in the shop.

• High contact resistances can very well lead to heating of the conductor/contact point and possibly also cause fires.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=…Vaw3jSroQbI8g6oBEihZ0pIL3

The fuel pump can of course also be the cause, but is initially harder to check al s times to look at the contacts.

Greetings

This fuse gets really hot, all the others feel normal, so no temperature difference....

• Hello O77,
    if the current draw is too high, then the fuel pump will be sluggish.

Here in the forum there is a contribution to the overhaul of the fuel pump - or replace it.

The pump is somewhat hidden (behind the tank and only accessible from below) and before you soon completely broken down, better act now.

Greetings Stefan

alte Porsches:
    911S Ex US '76 mit Umbau auf 3,2l 207PS (Motor 930/21 mit Getriebe 915/68) - Silbermetallic, Schiebedach

911SC Targa Ex US '81 3,0l 179PS (Motor 930/16 mit Getriebe 915/63) - Weinrotmetallic

944/1 Targa '84 2,5l 163PS - Platinmetallic (bis 03/2017)

• Hello O77,
    if the current draw is too high, then the fuel pump will be sluggish.

Here in the forum there is a contribution to the overhaul of the fuel pump - or replace it.

The pump is somewhat hidden (behind the tank and only accessible from below) and before you soon completely broken down, better act now.

Greetings Stefan

I have it replaced. Then there should be peace for the time being :)

Thanks!