How would it come over on you, if one gives you "as a workshop" beside the car, a "workshop manual" ?

• After I wanted to give my 28er with my "electrical problem" to my workshop and the "fearfully" refused ("Oldtimer, rather not") I want to take it to a classic car workshop.

An acquaintance of mine gave me the tip to give a workshop manual, suitable for the type with.

But I don't want to make myself unnecessarily unpopular. - If you imagine you work as a mechanic in a workshop and a customer brings a workshop manual with the car, how would that come across to you? - "Meaningful", or "What does he need a workshop manual for? Does he think we are so stupid that we can't do it without one".

A Porsche sometimes brings funny reflexes ("The rich A... probably thinks we won't make it otherwise").

Unthinking "to make oneself unpopular", can bring disadvantages ...

Therefore, the question to you.

This post has been automatically translated.

Gruß, Thorsten

928, Bj Februar`78. , deutsches Modell, Schalter, Tabakmet., Leder, Klima, Tempomat,

Bumper der US - Ausführung, sonst original

• I haven't read up on what kind of electrical problem you have, but there's certainly nothing wrong with providing your electrician with a schematic. All the information you have yourself or what has already been done where will help in troubleshooting. So you certainly do not need to worry about that.

Greetings Roy :wink:

• I already did that when it came to the complete overhaul of the ATG.

ATG was not a problem for them, but the specific technology around it was.....

This is quite normal among technicians......

Grüße
    Joe

- 928 S4 ( J ) 360 cui / ATG / Bosch red devils, Porkensioner, Liphardt 200er, Bilstein B6, Eibach /dp Fwk a la CS, SharkVent Xtreme

• Hello

I always do it like this. I copy the relevant pages and hand them in.

It is good if the mechanic has more information. Maybe it saves him unnecessary work or even mistakes.

Horrido

Nobse

928 S4 Schalter, mit GT Nockenwelle (umgearbeitete S4 Nockenwelle), EZ ´87, US-Version

• Hi,

It always depends on who the vehicle comes to, in a PZ or at Porsche Classic I would consider it superfluous.

But otherwise it is rather helpful, because even workshops do not always have access to all documents.

I myself have printed out a report from the forum for wheel alignment and enclosed it for the correct suspension height....

Was also well received and implemented.

Lg.Mario

1989 Porsche 928 S4

2018 BMW 220i Gran Tourer

2021 Yamaha-Xmax 400

• .....However, when sharing pages of the workshop manual, you should not lose sight of the copyright....

Porsche 944 S2 Cabrio,

Baujahr 1990,

Farbe Sternrubin

Km 188000 in 10/2018

• Hello

I always do it like this. I copy the relevant pages and hand them in.

It is good if the mechanic has more information. Maybe it saves him unnecessary work or even mistakes.

Horrido

Nobse

Same here :thumbsup:

LG Klaus

Die reinste Form des Wahnsinns ist es, alles beim Alten zu lassen
    und gleichzeitig zu hoffen, dass sich etwas ändert. (A. Einstein)

#Are You listening?# => ]:-)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    ]:-)